Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Pudding Recipe?

(11 Posts)
larrythelizard Thu 05-Nov-20 10:48:16

With all this newfound time on my hands (thanks Lockdown 2.0), I think I'm going to attempt to make a Xmas Pudding.

Has anyone got any tried and tested recipes/any tips of what to do/what not to do?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
4merlyknownasSHD Thu 05-Nov-20 12:53:37

I made one a few years ago with a recipe I found on the AGA website. It was really tasty, easy to make and included breadcrumbs.

TheSandgroper Thu 05-Nov-20 14:05:04

Ballymaloe every year.

www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40069493.html

larrythelizard Thu 05-Nov-20 18:38:49

Thanks.

@TheSandgroper do you use beef suet? Weirdly the thought makes me a bit funny...not sure why as I'm a meat eater!

PotteringAlong Thu 05-Nov-20 18:40:02

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chocolate-cherry-christmas-pudding

I made this one last year. It was amazing!

TheSandgroper Thu 05-Nov-20 21:05:03

@larrythelizard. I do. My cooking is gluten free and dairy free so only use about a quarter suggested.

I found that it’s a very clean fat and it’s flavourless which, I expect, is why it’s in the recipe in the first place. I went to a butcher that receives carcasses and just asked for some.
There is vegetarian packet stuff around but I’ve never used it.

larrythelizard Fri 06-Nov-20 20:34:44

Thanks @TheSandgroper I'm also dairy free so would have adapted a recipe to exclude butter...can see that including suet would be a good idea to still have fat in it!

ThatLibraryMiss Fri 06-Nov-20 20:39:11

Delia's is fabulous. I made mine this week.

GlumyGloomer Sun 08-Nov-20 09:35:08

@PotteringAlong I've been eyeing up that recipe for this year! How far in advance did you make it?

PotteringAlong Sun 08-Nov-20 12:30:35

I did it at the start of December and it was perfect @GlumyGloomer! I’m going to do it again this year.

GlumyGloomer Mon 09-Nov-20 21:12:15

@potteringAlong thanks, I think I'll give it a go.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in