Advanced search

Loose tea gadget?

(9 Posts)
BlueCowWonders Sun 11-Oct-20 08:17:32

Can anyone recommend a gadget for a single cup of loose tea? I have one that is a teaspoon shape - and opens in the cup at least half the time I use it hmm so i have to strain into another cup. I'm the only tea drinker in the house so don't need to make a pot.
Any ideas please?

OP’s posts: |
Lobelia76 Sun 11-Oct-20 08:21:36

A cafe near me serves tea in a gravity steeper. You brew the loose tea in it then when it’s the colour you want you pop it on top of your cup and it drains in. They’re brilliant.

EerilyDeleted Sun 11-Oct-20 08:26:11

We use one of these then just tip the leaves into the compost caddy and rinse.

EerilyDeleted Sun 11-Oct-20 08:27:13

Sit it in the cup with the leaves in, add water, lift out onto it's little tray when the tea is done

giletrouge Sun 11-Oct-20 08:27:17

Tea egg/infuser. This kind of thing.

BlueCowWonders Sun 11-Oct-20 08:38:58

Thanks all. Mine is similar to @giletrouge but keeps popping open as soon as the water hits
I like the size of @EerilyDeleted's suggestion.
I bought mine from a small Local hardware shop trying to avoid Amazon so I'll look for something similar

OP’s posts: |
TooMinty Sun 11-Oct-20 08:41:13

I have one shaped like a little person, he hangs on the side of the cup with his legs dangling in.

RobertaTheGreat Sun 11-Oct-20 08:46:02

I have one like this. I bought mine in a charity shop!

EerilyDeleted Sun 11-Oct-20 09:09:32

I used to have one of the little ones in chains but it was messier to empty than the one I posted above. This one can also be used in a smallish teapot provided you fill it up enough.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in