Talk

Advanced search

Abel & Cole VS Riverford - what are the main differences? Do Riverford take note of likes and dislikes for example?

(16 Posts)
franch Fri 05-Oct-07 19:12:41

Used to use A&C - want to restart but considering Riverford - can't get the latter's website to work at the moment so if anyone can compare it'd be useful

franch Fri 05-Oct-07 20:03:44

Anyone? I'm going to try and sort an account out this evening

NAB3 Fri 05-Oct-07 20:08:17

BTW Tesco has a huge organic box reduced from £10 to £8 at the moment.

lulu25 Fri 05-Oct-07 20:09:13

riverford don't do likes and dislikes

i switched back to A&C because i kept throwing stuff away - riverford were seriously taking the piss with the amount of carrots they were sending us

however riverford are, i think, local franchises, so my experience might not be representative. you could always give them a trial and see how it works out (they are cheaper than A&C and a bit less corporate)

TooTicky Fri 05-Oct-07 20:11:26

I love Riverford. Because they have a variety of boxes, you can generally avoid something you really don't like. Plus, they have extras you can add to basic boxes. And their ethics are excellent.

DoctorFrankenSquonk Fri 05-Oct-07 20:13:06

<<<wonders if, after admitting to not knowing what Ocada is, she should ask wtf are you all talking about>>>

<<<decides probably not and goes to find a nice, quiet "I'm not being funny or anything" thread to read>>>

TooTicky Fri 05-Oct-07 20:15:27

organic veg box companies smile

DoctorFrankenSquonk Fri 05-Oct-07 20:17:03

aaah ha!

And do they just give you a box full of "stuff" ie: you don't order what you want? cool!

DoctorFrankenSquonk Fri 05-Oct-07 20:17:26

obviously not give give

lulu25 Fri 05-Oct-07 20:18:33

well that depends whether you go to riverford or A&C wink

TooTicky Fri 05-Oct-07 20:19:55

example (scroll down)

DoctorFrankenSquonk Fri 05-Oct-07 20:20:00

oh yeah blush should have read thread

<<<goes back to "god your arse is big" thread>>>

DoctorFrankenSquonk Fri 05-Oct-07 20:23:09

I am going to order from them.

Glad I got curious and clicked on this thread now.

DoctorFrankenSquonk Fri 05-Oct-07 20:24:01

Buggritt. No I'm not, they don't deliver to me.

Pickie Fri 05-Oct-07 20:26:12

riverford do like and dislikes. we dont get aubergines,brussels sprouts and courgettes. They refund the difference.

We used A&C but Riverford is much much better value for money plus produce much fresher

TooTicky Fri 05-Oct-07 20:34:07

Riverford have a sister company - Nene something? - in the north somewhere, if that's any good to you.
There are lots of organic box companies now though - must be some near you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now