Talk

Advanced search

School lunches/snacks for 7 year old.

(11 Posts)
Minnie123456 Fri 28-Aug-20 22:37:12

Dd returned to school this week. Atm we need to provide a healthy morning snack, a packed lunch and a snack for her afterschool club. She normally had school dinners and afterschool supplied their snack before covid 19.
Morning snack is easy I send in fruit and yoghurt or cheese. I'm struggling with her lunch and afternoon snack. For lunch I send more fruit and yoghurt/cheese. She would live on Billy Bear ham sandwiches but I dont want to send that in 5 days in a row.
Would anyone have any ideas for lunch and afternoon snack? She's not great with veg or trying anything new. I asked her what afterschool provided for snack before covid 19 but she cant remember. I remember her saying about cheese and crackers at some stage but nothing else lol

OP’s posts: |
Idontlikeyoghurt Sat 29-Aug-20 00:29:34

Cheese and crackers
Wrap instead of sandwiches for a change
I will have a think for you for more ideas

KitchenRollHuggers Sat 29-Aug-20 00:40:25

A Banana or mini bread sticks for after school snack?

For lunch

Lunchables?
There's chicken, ham and cheese ones I believe
With fruit, yogurt, box of small raisans, or packet of yogurt raisans

Wraps with different fillings

Cocktail sausages

Mini sausage roll / cheese & onion roll

KitchenRollHuggers Sat 29-Aug-20 00:46:29

After school snack

Some cherrios in a zip lock bag

A school bar (that's what they are called)

Lunches: Will she eat things like stripes of pepper, cucumber, Carrott sticks, with some houmous, little tomatoes, grapes, orange segments, cut up apple

How about a cold pasta, tuna and mayo maybe?

Ricekrispie22 Sat 29-Aug-20 07:40:02

Cereal bar
Soreen malt loaf or banana loaf www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/273420937
Cheese scone
Slice of pizza
Rice cakes
Savoury popcorn
Boiled egg
Frittata muffin
Pot of fruit in jelly
Smoothie

Minnie123456 Sat 29-Aug-20 09:46:10

Ohh forgot about wraps @Idontlikeyoghurt
She does like lunchables, will eat apple and grapes but won't eat peppers or oranges @KitchenRollHuggers.

Minnie123456 Sat 29-Aug-20 09:49:51

Malt loaf is yummy @Ricekrispie22 will have to try her with it at home first. Would need to check the school policy regarding cereal bars as they're quite healthy eating but that would be a good option if they're allowed them.
Is a school bar the same as a cereal bar @KitchenRollHuggers?
Thank you everyone for your ideas

ZolaGrey Sat 29-Aug-20 09:51:54

Get a yumbox, they're really useful. Also search for the yumbox hashtag on Instagram, there are loads of accounts doing lunches for inspiration.

Minnie123456 Sat 29-Aug-20 09:55:38

Just googled school bars and the schools policy. They're allowed cereal bars but none with chocolate or coated with sugar. Will have a look for school bars when shopping today.
Thanks @ZolaGrey i'll go have a wee nosy now.

KitchenRollHuggers Sat 29-Aug-20 11:09:03

School bars are made by ' fruit bowl'

They aren't cereal bars

Didkdt Sat 29-Aug-20 15:02:05

Yum box looks cool very inspirational but my DD is giving me funny looks after I suggested the shaped sandwiches

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in