Talk

Advanced search

Tesco extra vs Tesco express?

(9 Posts)
norwegianWomen Fri 28-Aug-20 15:32:24

Do you shop at the small shops or the bigger shops? Is the small shops cheaper ?

OP’s posts: |
Shantotto Fri 28-Aug-20 15:49:16

The small shops tend to be more expensive and the range of stock is very small.

GreyishDays Fri 28-Aug-20 15:50:13

There’s in between as well, Tesco metro.

Tesco express is more expensive.

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Fri 28-Aug-20 15:50:36

Big one for big shops
Small one for wine only small shops

Plussizejumpsuit Fri 28-Aug-20 15:54:14

I think in general the small ones are more expensive. I do think like for like the prices are similar if not the same. However the little shops tend to have the more expensive versions of things. So the finest range rather than tesco value crumpets. Also they have less choice so we go to the big shops.

norwegianWomen Sat 05-Sep-20 12:51:37

I Think it is strange that the small ones are more expensive. Lidl and aldi is cheaper because of smaller shops and not so many items to choose from smile

OP’s posts: |
BrieAndChilli Sat 05-Sep-20 12:58:59

Tesco express are placed for convienence, they know that the customers use them for the odd thing they need/forgot eg pint of milk or missing ingredient for a recipe. Things that people won’t want to get in a car and drive to the supermarket for. So people don’t mind paying a little extra for that.

Nomnomarrgh Sat 05-Sep-20 21:17:35

The smaller shops definitely rise the price for the same item. You go to a small shop for something you just forgot. You drive to a big shop for the week’s shop, so the thinking goes. But the price there is lower, as they know you have the freedom to drive anywhere.

SpacePug Sun 06-Sep-20 17:16:48

Tesco express is a convenience store so more expensive. I use Tesco online delivery and everything is slightly cheaper on there as it comes from the big store

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in