Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what food do you serve at a baby shower?

(8 Posts)
oxocube Thu 04-Oct-07 18:52:45

Have only ever been to one and there was no food! This one is to be held at the mum-to-be's home and I know her friend has organised a few cakes and desserts but I said I would bring something savoury. Is it just the same kind of finger foods/things to share you would have at a pot luck lunch or are there specific 'baby shower food' ?! smile TIA

FluffyMummy123 Thu 04-Oct-07 18:53:09

Message withdrawn

flowerybeanbag Thu 04-Oct-07 18:55:57

rofl @ cod!

I did lunch for several friends plus babies recently and I did little weeny sandwiches along the lines of tea at the Ritz, made some cheese scones, had crisps etc
Key criteria was that no cutlery would be needed and ideally one or two bites per item, due to holding/feeding babies while eating.

flowerybeanbag Thu 04-Oct-07 18:56:51

I am assuming of course that people at the shower may have babies, otherwise one or two bites and no cutlery strategy might be redundant.

RubyRioja Thu 04-Oct-07 18:59:13

I am desperate to throw a baby shower for my friend as a surprise so checking these ideas. Do you think that would be acceptable or not on in case someone is superstitious?

oxocube Thu 04-Oct-07 19:01:04

I think 3 out of the 12 guests have young babies. grin at cod and the baby fingers, although am thinking something fishy might be nice - prawny perhaps. So its finger food, dips, cute sarnies, baby scones etc. Am I right?

flowerybeanbag Thu 04-Oct-07 19:01:37

Aren't you a lovely friend RubyR?!

Wish someone had thrown me a surprise shower

<wistful>

And I think it would be ok if you don't do it too early, and assuming your friend doesn't have special reason to be more worried than is usual.

RubyRioja Fri 05-Oct-07 08:35:09

Oh that sounds promising - maybe when she stops work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now