Talk

Advanced search

What do your kids have for breakfast?

(52 Posts)
Orinoco Wed 03-Oct-07 22:27:02

Message withdrawn

ChasingSquirrels Wed 03-Oct-07 22:28:51

cereal, a mix of either weetabix or malt wheats plus cheerios and/or rice krispies.
sometimes toast aswell, or pancakes at the weekend.

foofi Wed 03-Oct-07 22:29:19

Fruit
One has cereal, the other toast

tortoise Wed 03-Oct-07 22:30:24

cereal or toast.
Sometimes both!

mazzystar Wed 03-Oct-07 22:30:29

depends on mood. some combo of

fruit/yoghurt/cereal/toast/smoothie/eggs

sometimes all

best meal of the day in our house

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Wed 03-Oct-07 22:30:59

Large bowl of JS Malties, I refuse to buy Nestlé shreddies.

After that.... anything he feels I might be likely to enjoy.

Toast pops up............Mummeeeeeeeeeee can I have some toast ?? You agree, you start to butter it. I didn't want toast and bovril, I wanted jam. Eehhhhhh I wanted bovril so scat cat. grin

You open a banana... oh banana yum yum Mummy can I have some ??

TheMadScaryHouse Wed 03-Oct-07 22:31:55

One will only eat porridge adn the other will eat anything. Musli, Weatabix even sawdush wink

Blu Wed 03-Oct-07 22:32:15

Egg and toast and fruit / pancakes (Aunt Bessie) with yogurt and fruit / bacon sandwich and fruit / porridge and fruit / cheese on toast and fruit / Oatibix and fruit.

Fruit is either fresh pineapple, strawberries, kiwi or satsuma. The only four fruits DS will eat.

pinkbubble Wed 03-Oct-07 22:33:26

They have any kind of cereal with milk, Monday to Friday.
On Saturday and Sunday, I do not mind, quite often they have a sandwich, or cheese and crackers - up to them. I usually do not worry on the weekend, if they want sandwiches for breakfast on Sat and Sun thats ok, because we do not have any sweet filling ie jam or nutella etc, so its a savoury filling. Plus DDs often ask for milk to drimk and as we get through16 pts of milk easily a week, I'm not too woried!

fihi Wed 03-Oct-07 22:33:34

ha ha breakfast causes war in our house - daily. at the mo DS1 has toast, DS2 has honey hoops (dry!!ugh!) and DD is 22mo and still addicted to rusks.

interested to see what anyone else does.
tortoise - how do u get them to eat both?

FloridaKbear Wed 03-Oct-07 22:34:42

cornflakes, malted wheaties, scrambled egg on toast, bacon sarnies, raisin pancakes and banana and syrup, crumpets, muffin (english not american style!), homemade flapjacks sometimes, croissants and pineapple jam.

We like breakfast but we don't usually have all that in one sitting!

shrooms Wed 03-Oct-07 22:35:20

Whatever I make!
Most mornings, we all enjoy a bowl of porridge with sliced, banana, walnuts, chopped dried apricots, flax seed oil/ground flax, and agave nectar. Yummo.
[Keeps them regular too...)

But other mornings we might have a special pancakey breakfast, usually banana pancakes with soy yoghurt and maple syrup.

Or a bowl of shreddies... uninspired.

hatwoman Wed 03-Oct-07 22:35:53

chocolate coated sugar bombs.

shrooms Wed 03-Oct-07 22:36:18

And they have been known to polish off last night leftover mexican refired beans and corn tortillas shock.

MorocconOil Wed 03-Oct-07 22:39:18

They are only allowed weetabix, porridge or malties on a schoolday. It provides slow release carbs. They also have a drink of orange juice and a piece of fruit on the way to school.

At week-ends they can have cornflakes or Rice Krispies( too much sugar).

Sundays usually make pancakes

eidsvold Wed 03-Oct-07 22:41:36

toast - which is what they ask for

one has vegemite on toast

other - peanut paste on toast

sometimes they both have paste, other times pp girl has jam.

ON weekends - may have bacon and eggs or pancakes.

brimfull Wed 03-Oct-07 22:42:17

porridge

daisyandbabybootoo Wed 03-Oct-07 22:42:57

Weekdays...usually healthy cereal like JS malties/weetabix with honey/crunchy bran. Usually with either banana, a handful of raisins or both.

The closest thing we get to sugary cereals is cheerios (or own brand equivalent)

Weekends...the above plus a sandwich or scrambled/boiled egg and toast a couple of hours later.

Tortington Wed 03-Oct-07 22:43:39

rice crispies

Orinoco Wed 03-Oct-07 22:44:10

Message withdrawn

hatwoman Wed 03-Oct-07 22:44:15

nutella straight out of the pot

hatwoman Wed 03-Oct-07 22:46:08

on week day mornings we quite often pick up a maccy-d on the way to school

MorocconOil Wed 03-Oct-07 22:47:37

Have also conned them into drinking milk by calling it Charlie and Lola 'pink milk'.

Blu Wed 03-Oct-07 22:48:35

Very smug, hatwoman. Not all of us have a MacD on the way to school, you know!

hatwoman Wed 03-Oct-07 22:49:10

I like to give them a fruit shoot in the morning because at least they get one of their 5 portions of fruit/veg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now