Talk

Advanced search

Vegetarian meal with these ingredients.

(7 Posts)
Jennster Wed 03-Oct-07 22:15:22

I have a vegetarian friend coming for dinner on Friday. Fresh from the garden after an dreadful year, I have the following:

4 small white aubergines
a full crop of borlotti beans
3 yellow courgettes....

Any ideas. Would make a pretty strange ratatouille? Any dish that could have meat added for the non veggies?

Thank you in advance

shrooms Wed 03-Oct-07 22:24:09

Deffo ratatouille would be lovely with added tomatoes and onions, add cooked beans at the end or serve on the side dressed in garlic paste an olive oil.

That would be nice with quinoa/pasta.

Or you could stuff the veg with grains and herbs and spices.

Borlotti bean minestrone with the roasted chunks of aubergine and courgette.

Mashed borlotti beans (salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic)with griddled aubergine and courgette.

Jennster Wed 03-Oct-07 22:35:46

Ooo thanks. They all sound nice. Think the minestrone might be the one, with crusty bread. I could chuck in pancetta as a topping for the non veggies.

Anybody ever cooked fresh borlotti beans? First time I've grown them?

Jennster Wed 03-Oct-07 22:39:21

Ohh no apparantly not. Soup on a friday! Heavens above. DH threatening taking my mate's fella out for a curry while we eat soup.

Maybe we could have it as a starter..Hmm

shrooms Wed 03-Oct-07 22:46:53

Lol. Men...
Well you could do it as a pasta dish rather than soup. Like add alot of pasta and serve with some greens.

Or failing that - do a curry with the aubergines and courgettes, with mashed, spices borlotti beans.

shrooms Thu 04-Oct-07 00:01:09

And if they want it hearty, I would consider the stuffed veg idea - as you can stuff them with loads of rice/quinoa/little pasta, borlotti beans, other flavours they'd like... use your imagination grin. No need for curries here!

Jennster Thu 04-Oct-07 08:59:42

Thanks shrooms. Am going to have a wander round greengrocers and see what I can add to the veg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now