Talk

Advanced search

************************Lasagne.......************

(10 Posts)
mellowma Wed 03-Oct-07 13:11:54

Message withdrawn

jojosmaman Wed 03-Oct-07 13:19:12

I think it depends how you make your bolognese! I make mine slightly different to lasagna but know people who do the same. My lasagna is

one onion, softened in a large pan, add a clove or two of chopped garlic and a few rashers of streaky bacon. Add a pack of mince (about 500g)and brown then add a tin of chopped tomatoes, glass of red wine, about 4 tbsp of tom puree, season and simmer for about half an hour. Then before you do the sheets, add some freshly chopped basil and a handful of chopped mushrooms and thats my basic lasagna sauce!
x

mellowma Wed 03-Oct-07 13:58:21

Message withdrawn

BecauseImWereWolfit Wed 03-Oct-07 13:59:44

I make ordinary bolognese sauce, but make it a bit wetter than normal, as this helps to cook the pasta.

Then I make an ordinary cheese sauce and layer this with the pasta/bolognese sauce.

No need to precook the lasagne, just bake in the oven for about 35-40 mins.

mellowma Wed 03-Oct-07 14:00:54

Message withdrawn

dustystar Wed 03-Oct-07 14:06:17

If you are using dried lasagne sheets i find it helps if you soak them in hot water for a few minutes first.

Scootergrrrl Wed 03-Oct-07 14:07:51

If you can't be arsed to make cheese sauce, you can mix creame fraiche and loads of grated parmesan which is really yummy.

BecauseImWereWolfit Wed 03-Oct-07 14:07:56

No dustystar - really no need to do this! Tip I was given when I worked for Buitoni - just make your bolognese a bit more liquid and that liquid will cook the pasta properly.

And make sure that you cook it for long enough.

mellowma Wed 03-Oct-07 14:11:09

Message withdrawn

mellowma Wed 03-Oct-07 14:12:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now