Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Covent Garden mushroom soup two day past use by date. Would you risk it?

(8 Posts)
MrsSeanSlater Wed 03-Oct-07 11:02:39

If I really heated it thoroughly do you reckon it would be ok? Seems a shame to bin it but I don't want to poison myself and DS2.

Piffle Wed 03-Oct-07 11:03:58

yep I'd eat it

BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Oct-07 11:05:04

Yes.

SeveredHeadSmartArse Wed 03-Oct-07 11:06:08

Deffo.

DH had some cake-thingy last night on which the sell-by date was 17th August. He was still breathing this morning.

MyTwopenceworth Wed 03-Oct-07 11:09:16

Yes. I don't think those use by dates are that accurate. More of a 'heads-up'...if it's close to or past its use by date, give it a good look over and a sniff. Mostly you can just tell when you should bin something.

alarkaspree Wed 03-Oct-07 11:09:40

Does it have cream in? If so then I probably wouldn't, sorry. Well might eat it myself, but wouldn't give to children. If just vegetable ingredients then I would think it would be fine.

SeveredHeadSmartArse Wed 03-Oct-07 11:10:40

If the cream had gone off, wouldn't it just taste vile, though? (rather than actually kill you, I mean!)

MrsSeanSlater Wed 03-Oct-07 11:14:24

It does have cream in it but looking at the ingredients it seems to be mostly water and onion. Only 9% mushroom and then cream in the next ingredient.
I think I'll really heat it thoroughly and risk it. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now