Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nice chewy oaty cookies - Recipe Please.

(8 Posts)
gscrym Sun 30-Sep-07 11:41:02

Does anyone have a recipe for chewy or soft oaty cookies. Needs to be without chocolate as I'm allergic. A recipe with lots of dried fruit in it as well would be good.

Thanks.

shrooms Sun 30-Sep-07 12:39:29

100g margarine, 125g rolled oats, 75g self raising flour, 100g caster sugar, 1 tbs golden syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, 50g raisins (I use loads of chopped dried apricots and dates in this - probo more than 50g! And to make it healthier I also sometimes add seeds and a few tbs pb instead of a few tbs of the margarine).

Combine the dry ingredients. Melt the wet ingredients gently and add to dry. Form in to whatever sized cookies you like, then place on baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 15 -20 mins.

gscrym Sun 30-Sep-07 12:46:39

Thanks for this, I'll give it a bash.

bumperlicious Sun 30-Sep-07 12:49:59

ooh yummy, i'm going to make those for my friends who are helping me move this weekend.

shrooms Sun 30-Sep-07 13:23:08

Goodo. Feel free to send any spares my way grin

Twiglett Sun 30-Sep-07 13:25:43

dh made fab ones yesterday .. but he's gorn out

AitchTwoOh Sun 30-Sep-07 13:33:16

what about dried figs, shrooms, do you think i could put some of them in? i bought them for dd and they are revoltingly sweet so she has rejected them out of hand. i nearly barfed when i tried one... hmm i'm not really selling these, am i?

shrooms Sun 30-Sep-07 16:15:08

Oh yeh deffo try out the dried figs finely chopped with a less sweet nut like walnuts or something. Also try putting less sugar in. Yummy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now