Talk

Advanced search

Recipe for white lasagne sauce that I can feed to 10mo ds?

(7 Posts)
GreebosWhiskers Fri 28-Sep-07 10:05:25

Title says it all really - any help gratefully received.

TIA

Othersideofthechannel Fri 28-Sep-07 16:43:40

Melt butter
Add flour
Cook for one minute stirring
Add warmed milk gradually. Very important that it is warmed as this helps prevent lumps. Cook stirring until thick, about 10 mins.

I don't measure but it's probably about 25g butter, tablespoon flour to half a pint of milk.

Season to taste,
Melt in cheese to make cheese sauce.

NannyL Fri 28-Sep-07 22:13:06

anynormal white sauce that you make will be fine.

recipie above is perfect

if you REALLY wanted to be 'fussy' you could use unslated butter, but to be honest if the child was 10months old (rather than 6 month old) id actually just use whatever butter was around and not be overly concerned

Smithy Fri 28-Sep-07 22:17:02

I do 1oz butter, melt in microwave for about 10 seconds. 1oz of flour - add to melted butter. Half a pint of milk - add to mix. Microwave for 2 and a half mins. Stir, and then microvwave for further 2 and a half mins. Add cheese and stir to remove all the lumps!

lilolilmanchester Mon 01-Oct-07 11:08:01

If I'm in a hurry, I just use cornflour and milk. C. 2 level tablespoons cornflour to a pint of milk. Mix cornflour with a little bit of milk first, then whisk in the rest and microwave for a minute at a time, stirring inbetween, reducing to 30 seconds at a time when it starts to thicken, add more milk if getting too thick. If you don't have a microwave, mix cornflour to a paste with a little milk, boil rest of milk, stir into paste, return to washed out pan, heat til thickened stirring. (just like making custard from powder). Lower fat and much quicker than roux version. Also use this for a quick cheese sauce. (long time since I had babies, so not sure if cornflour ok for 10 month old but can't see why not)

lazyemma Mon 01-Oct-07 21:36:34

I make it the way othersideofthechannel does - except with more butter by the sounds of it!

Some grated nutmeg is an essential addition too.

GreebosWhiskers Thu 04-Oct-07 10:50:05

Thanks folks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now