Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas on intersting things to give a 2 year old for lunch?

(10 Posts)
faylisa Thu 27-Sep-07 20:48:42

I seem to always give my 2 year old DD sandwiches for lunch. I desperately need some other ideas that are healthy and quick and easy to prepare. All ideas very gratefully received.....

littlerach Thu 27-Sep-07 20:50:55

Omeletes
Jacket potatoes
Pasat
Soup
couscous

All wiht variois fillings/sauces

BettySpaghetti Thu 27-Sep-07 20:53:10

cheese on toast
scrambled egg on toast
boiled egg and soldiers
try different breads eg. pittas, bagels (DS's current fave), tortilla wraps
pasta salad

fibernie Thu 27-Sep-07 20:53:24

Hi - some ideas off the top of my head that are staples in our house:
Omelettes, quick pancakes, pasta and pesto, cook ahead savoury muffins and keep them in the freezer then take out in the morning, some nice soup with bread, cheese on toast, pizzas made with muffins or crumpets as the base and done under the grill.
I'm sure other people will come with more!

fibernie Thu 27-Sep-07 20:55:26

couscous v. good. Nigella says to chop a carrot and put in blender, then throw into water with stock and boil for 4m before adding couscous then taking off heat, covering for 10 mins then stirring in butter. Seems to work every time. 150ml water to 100g couscous. I do that, and also chuck in some peas, sometimes sultanas.

nell12 Thu 27-Sep-07 20:56:13

french toast
tuna melts
Soup (made earlier by the to of you!!!) and dip dip bread
cheese and crackers
lots of carrots/celery/cucumber cut into batons

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 27-Sep-07 20:56:27

any ideas for non cooked lunches for this age?? Quite frankly I have enough on my hands cooking dinner without cooking something at lunchtime too grin

BettySpaghetti Thu 27-Sep-07 20:59:47

We have something nicknamed "dippy dippy" by the DC -pots of houmous, avocado (or something similar) with a selection of things to dip in (strips of toasted pitta, breadsticks, sliced carrot/peppers/cucumber/cheese etc.

faylisa Thu 27-Sep-07 21:46:20

Thanks for all the ideas - Dd won't know what's hit her next week...

mckenzie Thu 27-Sep-07 21:51:43

For a a non-cook lunch TheQueenOfQuotes, DD likes mackeral and avocado, usually with a side order of cherry tomatoes, cucumber and maybe a rice cake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now