tsk

nailpolish Thu 27-Sep-07 13:08:24

you know, id even say it makes up about 50-75% of our diet

Cappuccino Thu 27-Sep-07 13:08:43

man eat meat

man make fire

SmartArse Thu 27-Sep-07 13:09:08

I'd far rather eat chocolate and cakes.

But I don't. I eat fruit and veg. And wish they were chocolate or cake. Sigh.

SmartArse Thu 27-Sep-07 13:09:36

Sod the meat and the fire, just give me CAKE.

Marne Thu 27-Sep-07 13:10:23

I love veg, dd1 does'nt like veg and i find it hard to get her to eat any but she does eat fruit.
Dd2 eats loads of veg but not much fruit.

EmsMum Thu 27-Sep-07 13:11:27

Did we say we were healthy?

HuwEdwards Thu 27-Sep-07 13:12:38

Np - with you there, if I've been on a works trip and forced to eat dull sarnies or whatever, I positively crave fruit and veg

nailpolish Thu 27-Sep-07 13:13:26

doesnt it worry you?

nailpolish Thu 27-Sep-07 13:13:48

that was to those who d ont eat their f&v

OrmIrian Thu 27-Sep-07 13:14:01

Dh was a little green-intolerant when I first met him. He'd eat them but reluctantly. Even now he tends to eat the vegetables first before the important bits of the meal. DS#1 takes after him in that. But at least they all eat them. Unlike my ex-bil who only eat petit pois and tinned carrots.

EmsMum Thu 27-Sep-07 13:16:31

What I wonder about is how many people eat billy goats gruff.

(off to eat usual healthy salad).

LadyVictoriaOfCake Thu 27-Sep-07 13:17:12

it worries me a lot. i am a big veg eater, and dh avoids vegetables. he will eat fruit though, but i still dont think he eats enough. only veg he will touch is brocolli.

unfortuntly i cant coax the kids into eating veg if daddy sint eating his. he leads to many rows at dinner time about it. he says it actually makes him sick if he eats them hmm

all i would like is to be able to cook a healthy meal, and add extra vegetables to it. the other night i defrosted and cooked a shepherds pie which i had made a few weeks ago. except i forgot i made it when dh was in hospital and had added mixed veg and used onions as well. so dh refused to eat it. i was not impressed. it was very nice.

JodieG1 Thu 27-Sep-07 13:17:48

I don't like many fruits but that's because I don't really like sweet foods much, I have a savoury tooth. I do like lots of veg though.

yaddayah Thu 27-Sep-07 13:21:10

Well good for you OP
judgey judgey

SmartArse Thu 27-Sep-07 13:22:55

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKE.

I'm off to M&S to get a salad now. Huge sigh.

CountessDracula Thu 27-Sep-07 13:23:16

Who doesn't eat it???

nailpolish Thu 27-Sep-07 13:24:11

cd in the food topics theres always someone saying "dh doesnt eat any veg - what cna i have for dinner" etc
nearly every day

oliveoil Thu 27-Sep-07 13:26:16

I LOVE fruit and veg
dh LOVES fruit and veg
dd1 will only eat carrots, red peppers and apples
dd2 LOVES fruit and veg

Heathcliffscathy Thu 27-Sep-07 13:27:07

we get through 5 kg of onions a week in my house.

and tons and tons of fruit and veg.

it's how dh and i have lost weight and now we are into it.

love fruit and veg. esp mushrooms, fennel and figs.

ladylush Thu 27-Sep-07 13:27:24

I didn't eat veg til I was in my 20's and even then had to force myself to eat them as felt like retching (I did eat raw veg but not in winter). Like them now. Have to bribe ds to eat them.

Fimbo Thu 27-Sep-07 13:27:51

Homemade veggie soup is devine. How can people not like veg that way? You can even blend it right down.

SmartArse Thu 27-Sep-07 13:29:46

I have a flask of homemade veggie soup on my desk. Except that it is empty because I had it for lunch yesterday and forgot to take the flask home to wash.

oliveoil Thu 27-Sep-07 13:31:43

my children will not eat soup

or any sauces

they only like 'dry' food hmm

and I used to obsess but then I thought fuck it who cares, they eat all the ingredients of a chicken casserole just not in casserole form

Charlee Thu 27-Sep-07 13:31:44

I couldn't live without veg in my diet and DS2 eats alot of it. (he is a baby so doesn't care)

DP and DS1 however don't eat hardly any, although i snaek it into them in alot of ways they don't realise and they also eat frit quite happily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now