Talk

Advanced search

URGENT - how do I make corned beef hash????

(9 Posts)
cece Wed 26-Sep-07 17:02:03

Thought I owuld make it for tea and now my mind has gone blank!

dustystar Wed 26-Sep-07 17:02:53

I make it with onions, corned beef, potatoes, baked beans and Worcestershire sauce

dustystar Wed 26-Sep-07 17:04:12

I precook the potoatoes and then chick it all in a pan and cook for about 10-15 mins.

My mum used to mix up everything but the potaoes and line a tray with it and then oput mash over the top and put in the oven for 20 mins.

Sunshinemummy Wed 26-Sep-07 17:04:21

When DP makes it we're not allowed to eat it until the day after as the flavours need to 'meld' together.

cece Wed 26-Sep-07 17:04:52

Oh good I thought of everything except the Worcestershire sauce, which I don't have!
Is it layered or mixed up in the pot?

cece Wed 26-Sep-07 17:06:19

sunshine love the idea of your DP and his careful forethought about flavours melding together! LOL

Just like Gordon Ramsey!

WotsZePoint Wed 26-Sep-07 17:17:28

Boil the onion and spuds together, then put in an oven proof dish and roughly chop up then mix in the hash - then cook in oven.
OR sometimes I buy ready made frozen puff pastry (or whatever you prefer) and make corned beef pasties. Just use the mixed ingredients as filling. We had that on Monday with veg.

cece Wed 26-Sep-07 17:24:00

Thanks they sound nice

Sunshinemummy Thu 27-Sep-07 08:47:13

He's the same when he makes it chilli. I have to ignore the delicious smells wafting from the pan and make something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now