Talk

Advanced search

No cook lunches

(10 Posts)
Soconfused1980 Mon 29-Jun-20 11:40:54

I hate cooking at lunchtime but also have become totally fed up with sandwiches. And salads leave me hungry! Any ideas of no cook lunches? Thank you smile

lastqueenofscotland Mon 29-Jun-20 12:03:19

Wraps with falafel and hummus

What about super quick things like beans on toast?

I generally just have a portion of leftovers from the day before

Soconfused1980 Mon 29-Jun-20 12:28:37

Wraps are a good idea thank you smile

Ricekrispie22 Mon 29-Jun-20 16:03:11

Cheese, biscuits and pate
Tuna mayo baguette
Pastrami bagels
Cream cheese and smoked salmon bagels
Cheese scone and chutney/pickle
Cottage cheese and avocado on toast
Rice cakes with humous or cream cheese
Shop-bought quiche
Pitta stuffed with feta, salad and olives
Couscous salad www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/no-cook-chicken-couscous
Ploughman’s
Soup and roll

Xiaoxiong Mon 29-Jun-20 17:07:59

Fruit, cheese, bread, salad: my favourite at the moment is a punnet of very fresh strawberries, a ripe room-temperature cheese like Brillat-Savarin or camembert, good crusty sourdough (toasted) and a salad of green leaves, cucumber, avocado, walnuts and dill dressed with olive oil, salt and lots of lime juice.

Any of the following eaten with ryvita or oatcakes: Smoked mackerel pate, Tuna salad, chicken salad, egg mayonnaise, hummus, taramasalata etc

Big plate of sliced tomatoes, ball of burrata broken on top, pesto thinned down with some olive oil as a dressing, pine nuts, eat with ciabatta

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 29-Jun-20 18:31:16

How about making something in advance that can just be eaten over the next three days?
Tuna pasta with sweetcorn, red onion and peppers
Cous cous with chickpeas and roasted veg
Fritata

Or just mix up your bread options
Toasties are always superior to sandwiches
Bagels with cream cheese
French stick with cheese and chutneys
Pita with grated carrots and hummus

Soconfused1980 Mon 29-Jun-20 18:57:31

Thank you some really nice ideas smile

monkeyonthetable Mon 29-Jun-20 19:05:49

Roast a chicken (the ones in the bag you just stick in the oven - no prep, no washing up, as you just throw away the bag. Then you have roast chicken for wraps, baguettes, instant noodles, savoury rices (pouches of pre-cooked, flavoured rice are 75p in Waitrose and a pouch is two portions)

Good quality tin of soup with warmed roll and butter - cooked in microwave in 3 mins.

Good instant noodle pots (Itsu, Kabuko) with fresh chopped spring onions and petit pois that will cook themselves in the stock as the noodles swell.

RockingMyFiftiesNot Tue 30-Jun-20 21:06:37

Use leftovers from evening meals, e.g. cook extra pasta to make a quick pasta salad, more potato to make potato salad. If you don't mind cold pizza, bake one while you are making tea, extra chilli or casserole can be used for lunch

Carrotcakeforbreakfast Wed 01-Jul-20 21:45:35

I'm super boring

But at the start of the week I take to work
A packet of bice crackers, cheese (at the moment I really love seriously strong spreadable) a couple of punnets of nice cherry tomatos, a jar of pickles, olives and some brined garlic cloves.
I look forward to lunch every day and never get bored.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »