Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for travelling

(4 Posts)
AtLastEarwax Sun 28-Jun-20 23:55:50

Hi

I'm not sure if this is in the right place??

Basically we are going to Budapest for Christmas but we want to go on a day trip to Vienna. Travelling across borders etc doesn't faze us as we've done a lot in the past but not with our twins. So we have DS who is 3 and our girls that will be 1. I can't take any dairy, fruit, nuts, veg or liquids but can take cupboard foods. So crisps, breadsticks, biscuits etc.

Just looking for ideas on different things to take? Has anyone got any suggestions please? I don't want DS just eating breadsticks or crisps all day long for a snack if I can help it!

Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Mon 29-Jun-20 03:03:54

Oatcakes
Popcorn
Roasted chickpeas
Malt loaf
Could you take fruit / veggie crisps? Or dried fruit like raisins and apricots?

Ricekrispie22 Mon 29-Jun-20 05:22:09

We’ve taken dried fruit and nuts across European borders quite a few times before.

“Generally speaking, if possible, you should not take along raw meat, processed meat products, any food containing meat, milk and dairy products (perishable food products) when returning from a third country (not a member state of the EU) to Hungary. When leaving Hungary, you are advised not to add the above products to your food parcel prepared for your travel, as their import into third countries, in general, is either prohibited or subject to strict conditions. In addition to these products, there may be, at any time, other goods included in the so-called temporary export/import ban lists in order to prevent the proliferation of specific diseases spread by animals.”

AtLastEarwax Mon 29-Jun-20 10:18:34

Thankyou, malt loaf! Brilliant!

I'm thinking of putting it in check in luggage though?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »