Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what can i do for tea?

(7 Posts)
lizandlulu Tue 25-Sep-07 16:51:55

i have been out all afternoon and didnt take any meat out of the freezer. now i dont know what to cook. please give me some ideas. it has to be fairly healthy, but dont mind it taking a while to cook. but must be easy as i have a toddler round my ankles!

mylastrolo Tue 25-Sep-07 17:19:03

dominoes grin

NAB3 Tue 25-Sep-07 17:20:14

Jacket potato
Pasta
Something with rice
Cheese and potato pie

lizandlulu Tue 25-Sep-07 17:45:38

i was thinking why would i want to eat dominoes??? then the penny dropped, duh. its cause the nearest one is 15 miles away!! think it will have to be something and rice, although not sure what.

shrooms Tue 25-Sep-07 17:56:45

Vegetable curry and rice - throw any veggies you have in to a pan and fry for a bit, then stir in spices and maybe some tomatoes. Add some veg stock and cocnut milk if you have it, then if you have pulses like lentils or canned beans, cook those in it too.

fireflyfairy2 Tue 25-Sep-07 17:58:42

Do you know you can cook sausages from frozen? grin

I didn't until it was revealed on another thread today

shrooms Tue 25-Sep-07 17:58:49

Oh, oh! Or you could just boil the rice with a jar of good pasta sauce, diced veggies, and water for 20mins-30 mins depending on the rice (I use brown which takes 30 mins)for a yummy tomato and rice soup!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now