Talk

Advanced search

Curry recipe

(9 Posts)
1Pinkfluffyelephant Wed 24-Jun-20 15:41:19

Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken tikka masala sauce please? I would really like to make it but can’t ever get that rich thick creamy sauce like you get from a takeaway.

OP’s posts: |
Quackersandcheese3 Wed 24-Jun-20 15:47:48

Fry off onions add chilli, ginger and garlic
Cook gently for few mins
Add curry powder and fresh toms / passata / tinned toms.
Simmer to reduce the sauce for 5/10 mins
Add tin coconut milk .
Reduce again for 5/10 mins
Use blending stick to make smooth.

thisstooshallpass Wed 24-Jun-20 19:43:39

Look up Maunika Gowardhan, she is @cookinacurry on Instagram. My go to for Indian recipes. She does lots of live stories and she has a voice as smooth as ghee! 🥰

Also, whilst you're there have a peek at the butter chicken recipe. We fought over leftovers in our house.

thisstooshallpass Wed 24-Jun-20 19:44:30

As soon as a recipe says 'curry powder' I click off it.

andyoldlabour Fri 26-Jun-20 12:05:17

1 large onion finely sliced heated in pan with 1 Tbs sunflower oil, salt and pepper.
Add
1 tsp garlic and ginger paste
4 finely chopped birdseye chillis
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Madras curry powder
400g chicken thighs or chunks of lamb making sure they get browned and coated in the spice/onion mix.
Add a little water to stop the mix burning
1 tin chopped, plum tomatoes
Thoroughly mix it all together, adding water so that the meat is covered.
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tsp sugar
Taste to see if it needs more seasoning
Cover and cook on medium heat, until the sauce has reduced and the meat is cooked through and tender.

andyoldlabour Fri 26-Jun-20 12:06:39

Forgot to add the chopped coriander about ten minutes before serving.

milney25 Fri 26-Jun-20 12:11:59

This Rick stein recipe is great

http://thegluttonskitchen.com/2011/04/20/chicken-tikka-masala-rick-steins-far-eastern-odyssey/

MrBennsshop Fri 26-Jun-20 12:13:21

Surely a chicken tikka masala starts with chicken tikka which neither of the recipes above do? So you'd need to make that first, and the masala for it. Madhur Jeffrey's recipe is here: thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/madhurs-chicken-tikka-masala. I've made her chicken tikka for people, and several have said it's the nicest they've ever had. I'm vegetarian so can't comment, but her recipes are generally bang on.

Bluesheep8 Mon 29-Jun-20 08:03:19

As soon as a recipe says 'curry powder' I click off it.

Why?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »