Talk

Advanced search

10 month old DS will only drink milk

(15 Posts)
Charlee Tue 25-Sep-07 12:22:04

Should i be worried? He won't take water or weak juice, he will only have milk in a bottle.
He eats fine and doesn't seem to have any problems of any sort but i feel he should be drinking something else.

Charlee Tue 25-Sep-07 12:39:24

<Charlee mumbles................. bloomin posts never get answered........... mutter............. mumble......> wink

Charlee Tue 25-Sep-07 13:20:32

Gah to the lot of yeh!!!!!!!!

<Charlee does a royal flounce>

ruddynorah Tue 25-Sep-07 13:21:20

which cups have you tried?

BandofMothers Tue 25-Sep-07 13:24:18

Hiya Charlee, could you try making the juice a little stronger so it has some taste. I know some scorn at giving juice rather than water but if it's all they'll drink then, ya know try it.
they do need other drinks than milk too, but at least he is drinking something so don't panic. I guess the only weay to force him if he refuses is to withhold milk, tho not sure I would reccommend that.

OR, try making some home made lollies with juice or squash and see if he'll suck on those, tho he is maybe a bit young for that.

Charlee Tue 25-Sep-07 13:38:32

He has had loads of cups from Avent and Tommee Tippee, its not so much the cup im worried about becuase he wont even take juice or water from a bottle.

I have tried the juice stronger and tried it warm to replicate the milk but he just spits it out!

Thanks for replying though!

BandofMothers Tue 25-Sep-07 13:39:11

Oh dearsad

What about a straw???

Could be messy but he might drink it.

BandofMothers Tue 25-Sep-07 13:39:48

Plus what do you do with it??

Do you give it to him and let him get on with it or do you sit trying to make him drink it??

Aitch Tue 25-Sep-07 13:40:48

dd only started to drink water when i gave her an open cup, so that she could fully drench herself. she liked to dip her fingers in it as well. wink give it a try.

Charlee Tue 25-Sep-07 13:42:44

He can't get the hang of a sraw, i would give him an open cup but anything in his hands gets thrown strieght on the floor, even his dinnes is de;livered strieght oto the tray if i give him plates/cups they go strieght on floor.

OI have tried both trying to feed him and just letting him get on with it, usually the latter but to no sucsess yet!

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 25-Sep-07 13:45:42

charlee, how much milk does little man take?

ds only drinks his milk which he has about 18 oz a day, he doesnt have other liquid because of his reflux he brings it straight back up again and gets distressed, i try every couple of days but to no avail. although hes a healthy little chappy so im not really bothered!!

oh and had to LOL at your flouncing! grin

Aitch Tue 25-Sep-07 13:47:59

we started dd off on a shot glass with the tiniest amount of water in it, while we all sat round ostentatiously drinking two-handed from our glasses. grin it's only water, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if it goes everywhere.

Charlee Tue 25-Sep-07 13:50:17

Lol good excuse to get some shot glasses i suppose!

Stacey - (i thought you were cleaning young lady?) he has abot 18oz a day still of the number 4 cow and gate

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 25-Sep-07 13:56:07

i would say dont panic just yet, just try and get him to drink little bits from cups etc. dont worry about the amount yet.

as i say ds cant drink water or it makes him sick so he doesnt have anything

(i was i was i was, but iv go a cold and im tired, thats my excuse and im sticking to it! [pokes tongue out at charlee emoticon]

smiler5 Tue 25-Sep-07 13:59:52

why worry, just be glad he will drink milk. My ds is nearly 17mths and rare is the occasion when she will drink out a beaker instead of a bottle. Anyone got any suggestions? Have a huge range of different beakers - could stock a shop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now