Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

fruit pie/ tart/ flan thing - help please

(5 Posts)
Stargazing Thu 20-Sep-07 17:32:49

I have a yen to make one of those fruit pie thingys where all the fruit is just piled into the centre of a piece of pastry and then the edges of the pastry are just kind of roughly & messily folded up over the edges. Does anyone a) know what I mean and b) know how I can make one?

Many thanks!

BonyM Thu 20-Sep-07 17:33:48

One of my Nigel Slater books has a recipe which I do all the time - dead simple. Hang on , will look...

BonyM Thu 20-Sep-07 17:38:13

200g plain flour into a bowl, rub in 125g butter with fingertips until like breadcumbs.

STir in approx. 2 tblsp water to make a ball - chill while your do fruit.

800g fruit (plums, damsons, apples, blackberries etc.) Cut pllums in half, take stones out, apples cored, quatered and sliced.

Oven 200C/400F/ gas 6.

Roll our pastry and put on baking sheet, small roasting tin oro 25cm pie plate (metal)

Dump fruit in middle, sprinkel with 75-90g sugar, fold pastry over fruit as far as they will go, not quite meeting in middle.. Brush with milk or egg white, sprinkle more sugar, bake for approx. 40mins.

Yum.

Stargazing Fri 21-Sep-07 15:46:10

sounds great, will give it a go and let you know how it turns out - thanks!

Stargazing Mon 24-Sep-07 17:11:01

oh my god, so easy, looked sensational and tasted absolutely amazing. Thank you!!! I am now officially smug mum, whipping up wonderful desserts while raising a 1yo and being 6 months preg! All thanks to you! ta!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now