Talk

Advanced search

When is the right time to stop the bottle?

(6 Posts)
mamaqueen Thu 20-Sep-07 10:21:22

My son is nearly 18 months old and still happily having his bottle at bedtime, however I am using the bottle with a number four teat blush

Is this right or should I be giving it to him in one of his drinking bottles?

lomondgal Thu 20-Sep-07 10:24:41

Hiya I would stop the bottles if he will take a cup or drinking bottle.

BandofMothers Thu 20-Sep-07 10:25:25

I would switch to a cup at that age.
Of course it's up to you thowink

lilolilmanchester Thu 20-Sep-07 22:28:37

My DCs went straight from BF to cups, during day at 7 months when I went back to work and morning/night when they self-weaned (13 and 10 months respective). My only point is here that it is possible to put them on a cup quite early, but as Bandof Mothers says, it's up to you. Haven't ever bottle fed, so no experience of weaning off a bottle, but personally (and no doubt I'll get shot down for this) I don't like seeing pre-school nursery and reception children being met from school with bottles, and wonder whether they get to an age where it's harder to get them off bottles than say your DS's age. Just a thought, no offence intended to anyone....

tori32 Thu 20-Sep-07 22:33:17

I agree with everyone here, if he will drink milk from a cup then sling the bottles. Much easier at 18mths than 28mths. smile

mamaqueen Wed 26-Sep-07 10:28:24

Thanks everyone - just an ordinary trainer cup then or the cups I put his water in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now