Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"posh" dessert using cooking apples

(12 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Wed 19-Sep-07 22:48:38

Am doing dessert for a dinner party. Have tons of apples but don't want to do pie/crumble/eve's pud. Not at our house, so needs to be transportable. OK to reheat, but no last minute prep. Any ideas please?

moondog Wed 19-Sep-07 22:49:14

Tarte tatin with creme fraiche
Piss easy and looks and tastes fab.

moondog Wed 19-Sep-07 22:50:55

Here you go frenchfood.about.com/cs/dessertcoffee/a/tarttatin.htm

pointydog Wed 19-Sep-07 22:58:24

(following on from recent mn thread, call it 'pudding' wink)

lilolilmanchester Wed 19-Sep-07 22:58:32

oh yes, I've made that before and you're right on both counts! Looks like tons of other apple recipes on that site. Guess MN makes us all lazy with internet searches, but also good to know what other Mums (vs professional cooks!) recommend. Thanks.

pointydog Wed 19-Sep-07 22:59:36

Oncew I made honeyed stewed apple, I think it was, in a warmed croissant with creme fraiche. Nigle Slater it was. SImple and tasty.

lilolilmanchester Wed 19-Sep-07 23:00:07

Sorry Pointydog: Am doing dessert PUDDING for a dinner party. Have tons of apples but don't want to do pie/crumble/eve's pud. Not at our house, so needs to be transportable. OK to reheat, but no last minute prep. Any ideas please?

lilolilmanchester Wed 19-Sep-07 23:01:26

honey stewed apple, creme fraiche, croissant... dessert pudding BREAKFAST! Yummmm

pointydog Wed 19-Sep-07 23:01:28

oh it's ok with me, lilo! but som einteresting facts about the misuse of dessert did come out.

lilolilmanchester Wed 19-Sep-07 23:10:45

trying to find the thread you refer to, must have passed me by. I don't care either, as long as it's sweet and tasty, who gives a flying whotsit what it's called!

pointydog Wed 19-Sep-07 23:19:33

here

lilolilmanchester Wed 19-Sep-07 23:25:21

ha ha. I don't care, but then I was brought up having dinner in the middle of the day and tea round about 5. And whatever you call the not savoury course after dinner/tea was usually tinned fruit and carnation milk or prunes and custard. So I don't care what it's called, as long as it's better than that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now