Talk

Advanced search

Eggs!

(9 Posts)
SephrinaX Thu 14-May-20 20:46:47

Just found a dozen eggs at the back of the fridge I'd forgotten about, they go off day after tomorrow. What yummy thing can I make/bake that uses a lot of eggs?!

OP’s posts: |
bloodywhitecat Thu 14-May-20 20:51:40

They won't go off the day after tomorrow, they will be fine for a good few weeks yet. If you are worried do the float test, when you want to use one put it in a bowl of water, if it floats it's off.

CoffeeBeansGalore Thu 14-May-20 20:53:50

Quiche
Lemon tart (Mary Berry one uses 9 eggs & 6 lemons)
Omlettes
Victoria sponge will use 4

HarderToBreath Thu 14-May-20 20:55:34

French toast in the morning
Quiche
Scotch eggs
Cake
Lemon meringue

parietal Thu 14-May-20 20:59:50

great big cake.

I wouldn't do french toast or omlettes with eggs that are a big old because those dishes are nicer with the eggs not quite cooked through. But chuck all the eggs in a cake and it will turn out fine.

Knotaknitter Thu 14-May-20 22:19:58

They will be fine for a week yet, if they don't float they are good to eat. They freeze, crack them individually into a container (silicone muffin cases work well) and mix them up a bit with a fork.

AdaColeman Thu 14-May-20 22:36:35

I agree that they will last for at least another week after their BB date.
Some ideas to use them are, in a frittata using up leftover vegetables as well, in a bread & butter pudding using up leftover brioche/fruit loaf etc.

Hard boiled they will keep in the fridge for at least five days for a quick snack or egg mayonnaise sandwich, or make salade Niçoise with tuna potatoes tomatoes & green beans.

Ricekrispie22 Fri 15-May-20 05:32:17

Custard uses egg yolks (and can be frozen) and meringues use egg whites (and meringues keep for ages)
The Hairy Bikers’ recipe for kedgeree is good. It uses 4 eggs.
Carbonara
Fried rice

AdaColeman Fri 15-May-20 09:41:51

Baked egg custard, either as a tart or without pastry in a dish, is delicious and easy and uses the whole egg.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »