Talk

Advanced search

How long could I keep these in the fridge?

(5 Posts)
ilovelibraries Fri 08-May-20 17:16:31

I need some advice please.

I’ve made enchiladas for dinner (this recipe www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chicken_enchiladas_02595/amp).

It’s complete, bar the cheese on top.

Dh has decided he’d prefer something else, which I’m fine with as he’d cook it, as long as I can keep it in the fridge, ideally until Sunday.

So wise-ones, Is that too long to keep it or will it be OK?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Peanut91 Fri 08-May-20 18:51:08

Yes it will be fine. On the whole anything up to 3 days or so is fine. If longer than that I just check to see if it looks and smells ok

mynameiscalypso Fri 08-May-20 18:52:30

The main problem I'd think is that the tortillas will go super soggy. If it was me, I'd freeze them now and then cook from frozen whenever you want them.

Thesoundofnohandsclapping Sat 09-May-20 06:48:57

The tortillas in enchiladas almost invariably cook away to a damp if not soggy state. The picture with the recipe looks good but there's not enough sauce for me - I like them in a pool of sauce but you may prefer them as in the recipe. I also like a lot of shredded iceberg lettuce with them as it's a good contrast to the spicy sauce.

The uncooked enchiladas should be fine if you don't bake them until Sunday.

ilovelibraries Tue 12-May-20 11:26:53

Thanks everyone. I thought I’d just come back and update (not sure if anyone’s interested, but...).

I put some of the cheese on, cooked them, left them in the fridge and then reheated with a bit more cheese.

I am not sure if it’s because I’d used more expensive wraps (only Mission, but not Sainsbury’s own), they stayed in one piece and I could easily separate them. My dh and ds said they tasted just as nice as fresh. I didn’t, but I often feel like that when I know they haven’t been cooked fresh.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »