Talk

Advanced search

Interesting roast chicken

(7 Posts)
FusionChefGeoff Tue 05-May-20 13:48:40

Any ideas to make it not a roast dinner?? Need someone else's 'whole meal' inspiration so what would you serve with?!

OP’s posts: |
WaterIsWide Tue 05-May-20 13:51:18

Roast it, serve it warm with crusty bread and a selection of salads or whatever side dishes will be eaten.

I will be roasting some chicken thighs later with onion quarters. I will season with salt and pepper and thyme.
Once roasted I will serve with potatoes and veg and instant gravy. I could make gravy from the pan juices but cba.

TheFlis12345 Tue 05-May-20 13:52:28

Rub it with harissa (or whatever spices you have) and serve with cous cous and roasted veg.

ReadilyAvailable Tue 05-May-20 13:59:16

Cuban mojo chicken is pretty easy. You can serve with rice and beans.

Or this recipe (https://picturetherecipe.com/recipes/cuban-mojo-roast-chicken-whole30paleo/) suggests serving with sweet potato, beans and pineapple salsa.

CakeAndGin Tue 05-May-20 14:06:42

Paprika chicken, with corn on the cob and an avocado salad. If you can be arsed with the extra washing up/time once it’s cooked in the oven you can put it on a griddle pan to give it a BBQ effect that would be an ‘at home nandos’.

Licencedtodrill Tue 05-May-20 21:28:44

If you like Indian food, coat it in tandoori marinade and serve with spicy potatoes (potatoes chopped up small and marinated in dry spices, and roasted alongside the chicken)

FusionChefGeoff Tue 05-May-20 22:45:04

I think the tandoori version has it this time but great ideas for next time too! Will add a raita and some flatbreads too - yummy

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »