Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This chocolate cake rivals Soupy's cookies for deliciousness

(4 Posts)
prufrock Mon 17-Sep-07 15:40:28

I had this dessert in on holiday in Nevis and loved it so much I e-mailed the restaurant for the recipe. I have just made it myslef and it still tastes as gorgeous on a damp day in the Uk as it did in teh oldest wooden house in the Caribbean. So I thought I'd share

This is honestly the most amazing chocolate thing I have ever tasted. The taste is jsut pure, rich chocolate, and teh texture can ony be described as chocolate pritt stick grin with a crusty bit on the bottom.
Enjoy

prufrock Mon 17-Sep-07 15:40:37

Hermitage Chocolate Bombe

1 to 1 1/2 lb semi sweet dark chocolate - it has to be 70% chocolate (I used a mix of 100% and 70% and it was v. intense)
8 eggs
1lb granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g salted English butter

Melt chocolate in double boiler. (I always melt choc on half power in microwave, stirring every minute)

In food processor, mix butter, sugar and vanilla until combined then add melted choclate. While processor is still running add eggs one at a time until it is blended and smooth. Grease a large glass bowl. Pour in chocolate mixture. Place bowl in a baking pan wiht water that reaches the bowls about half way and bake in the oven at 350 for about an hour, (I did 1hr 20 but it could probably have done with 10 less) or until you see the top sides of the bombe leave the bowl. It should be firm on top. (will still be liquiddy at bottom). Take out of oven and cool. (Don't do what I did and try to turn out after 30 minutes - when it says cool it means for at least 4 hours in fridge, preferably longer/overnight

Turn out onto a plate, place the plate on top of the bowl and turn over.

fruittea Mon 17-Sep-07 15:42:30

Sounds very like the River Cafe chocolate nemesis recipe - which is also fab! Thanks for posting smile

michaelad Wed 19-Sep-07 18:34:58

chocolate nemesis? I need that recipe for it's name alone!!!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now