Talk

Advanced search

No date sticky toffee pudding

(7 Posts)
MorgenMuffel Thu 30-Apr-20 23:01:08

I used to have the most amazing sticky toffee pudding recipe that I can no longer locate, and I'm so sad!

It had no dates, and you put half the sauce in the bottom of the tin before putting the cake mix in to bake, and then poured more sauce on when eating. I'm fairly sure it didn't have milk or cream in either, just butter/sugar/treacle - so not the Mary Berry no date recipe. It was just on a piece of paper rather than in a cook book, so no idea who it was by sad

Can anyone share there go-to no date sticky toffee pudding recipes please!

OP’s posts: |
TheScoresOnTheDoors Fri 01-May-20 10:33:52

The BBC good food 'ultimate' one tastes absolutely amazing and fits what you say about the sauce, but does include dates.

MorgenMuffel Sat 02-May-20 07:38:33

@TheScoresOnTheDoors thanks. I really am not a fan of dates but I'll take a look and see if I can make a hybrid recipe with a no date one!

drumandthebass Sat 02-May-20 07:57:04

Mary Berry has a really good recipe on the BBC website

Nononononono33 Sat 02-May-20 08:06:01

This is the recipe you need. Just don’t use the dates - have made this many tunes without and it’s lovely.

www.nigella.com/recipes/easy-sticky-toffee-pudding

Nononononono33 Sat 02-May-20 08:07:05

*times

MorgenMuffel Sat 02-May-20 13:10:59

Thanks @Nononononono33. Didn't think about just ommitting the dates as thought they were serving some sort of functional purpose.

@drumandthebass I'm slightly put off by the amount of milk in that Mary Berry one, but shall have another look.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »