Talk

Advanced search

Lentil recipes anyone?

(8 Posts)
Katsma Sat 15-Sep-07 00:29:22

Has anyone got any good recipes for red or green lentils?

The only thing I use them for is dhal, and could do with inspiration.

Must be egg-free as DD is allergic. Am assuming this rules out lentil burgers as egg is used to bind them.

Something cheesy would be nice smile

Katsma Sat 15-Sep-07 00:30:50

Oh, and have tried searching the boards, as I'm sure this has been done before.

But could only find lots of messages about lentil weaving grin

Aitch Sat 15-Sep-07 00:33:04

an embarrassment of lentily riches here, if you do a search for lentils. i can say that the cheesy wedges are surprisingly good.

Katsma Sat 15-Sep-07 01:10:03

That's great Aitch, thanks. There's quite a few I fancy there. smile

Bolognese sounds good too - is that pics of your DC wearing it?!

By the way, what's a puy lentil? Are they those expensive poncey ones? wink And do you reckon they are just interchangable in recipes?

Aitch Sat 15-Sep-07 01:32:26

small greeny-blue ones, not too expensive i don't think. £1.50 a bag, maybe and well worth it cos they hold together well and last for a good while. have a look at my world-famous moussaka recipe as well, i can confirm it is DELICIOUS and a good opportunity to use up a big tub of yoghurt that you think 'shit, how many days has this been open for?'. and no, they're not all my dcs, lol. any of them called babybear are, though. the most recent spag bol photo is urbandryad's wee boy, she posts on MN. grin

slim22 Sat 15-Sep-07 01:44:28

boil green lentils 20mn
dress with mustard vinaigrette, chopped onion,parsley and flaked salmon/trout/mackerel/sardine (works with all oily fish)

Katsma Sat 15-Sep-07 02:03:31

There's some great pics on there aitch - a great advert for blw!

Will try puy lentils methinks. Sometimes the red ones go to complete mush. Just googled and apparently, they are the 'King' of lentils no less smile

And thanks for that recipe slim22 - sounds lush. Will try that one too - we're going to be full on weaving types in the Kats household grin

Aitch Sat 15-Sep-07 12:44:48

i do a thing like slim's but with griddled courgette, barely-cooked peas, feta cheese and mint. also just those puy lentils with sage are delicious as a side dish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now