Talk

Advanced search

How to cook a leg of lamb?

(11 Posts)
boredorama Thu 16-Apr-20 13:10:57

Does anyone have any great recipes / suggestions for a leg of lamb? In an effort to avoid the interminable supermarket queues I have been foraging in the depths of the freezer for supplies and unearthed one grin.

OP’s posts: |
Ineedabreak19 Thu 16-Apr-20 13:12:49

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/leg-lamb

BurnIt Thu 16-Apr-20 13:14:23

I just stabbed mine all over and slathered garlic butter salt and pepper all over. Roasted for about 2.5 hours. Was lovely and is now a curry.

I'd quite fancy a slow cooked type lamb dish with feta and potatoes though. Google Greek lamb recipes

Mmmmmm lamb....

Graffitiqueen Thu 16-Apr-20 13:15:53

I rub with salt and then make slits into it with a knife and stuff a bit of fresh rosemary and a sliver of garlic into the hole.

AnnaNimmity Thu 16-Apr-20 13:19:06

we used the Nigella Herbed lamb recipe last weekend - it was delicious. here

CJsGoldfish Thu 16-Apr-20 13:24:32

This is our go-to and is amazing!

AnnPerkins Thu 16-Apr-20 13:53:09

CJsGoldfish I tried that recipe on Sunday and it was delicious. It was the best gravy I've ever made.

I used the rest in a Lancashire hotpot which lasted DH and me another two nights so a really good value leg of lamb.

sleepyhead Thu 16-Apr-20 14:28:29

I like it slow roasted so the bone comes away. I used this Nigel Slater recipe: www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/slow_roast_leg_of_lamb_34951 for an Easter Sunday roast and it was delicious but I would have left it in for more like 4.5 hours I think if I was doing it again. My oven runs a little cool though.

CJsGoldfish Thu 16-Apr-20 14:30:26

@AnnPerkins I agree on the gravy. The flavour!!!
I must say though that squishing it through the sieve was very tedious and I need to find a better way grin

boredorama Thu 16-Apr-20 15:28:41

@CJsGoldfish they had me at "It’s ULTRA EASY and very forgiving."

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
AnnPerkins Thu 16-Apr-20 16:10:51

Yes! I still haven't got all the bits out of the sieve either blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »