Talk

Advanced search

Disappearing food!!!

(12 Posts)
Lotty32 Wed 15-Apr-20 20:51:54

AIBU to be annoyed that the suppers I lovingly prepare (all home cooked) get inhaled within 2 mins? Makes me unlearn to spend loads of time cooking elaborate meals! Anyone else have this issue?

OP’s posts: |
violetbunny Thu 16-Apr-20 08:26:37

I cook double batches of food, so that I only cook every second night. I portion everything out and put away leftovers immediately, otherwise DP will inhale it all.

Lotty32 Thu 16-Apr-20 09:51:32

Good thinking!!

MilkRunningOutAgain Thu 16-Apr-20 10:33:46

I tend to cook basics only for the family. But at weekends may do something more complicated and fun. I appreciate it, even if the others just wolf it down. But they always demand seconds regardless, I never seem to have left overs, even if I cook extra on purpose.

Lotty32 Thu 16-Apr-20 13:12:46

Sorry, I should be the thankful for the food!

Ineedabreak19 Thu 16-Apr-20 13:15:20

Extra packs of long life food (pasta etc) & particularly treats are stored out of sight in empty suitcases. I only keep 1 or 2 packs/tins of food items in the cupboards to prevent them opening all at once.

AnnaNimmity Thu 16-Apr-20 13:22:00

our meals get hoovered up too - but it's lovely to sit down together and chat, and everyone really enjoys them.

I menu plan so that I only buy food for those meals. Each of my older children takes it in turns to cook and to choose a meal each week - I only cook twice a week as a result (I have a large family).

Knotaknitter Thu 16-Apr-20 21:53:26

I also portion out the leftovers at the same time as putting meals on the plates, otherwise there would be no leftovers.

everythingstaken123 Thu 16-Apr-20 22:36:41

I have the opposite. I lovingly prepare meals and my children refuse to eat them. I'd be delighted if they inhaled them!

everythingstaken123 Thu 16-Apr-20 22:38:16

That's a great idea, knotaknitter. My husband always eats the leftovers when I want them for lunch the next day.

DustyDoorframes Fri 17-Apr-20 14:38:31

Yes, surely inhaling a meal is a sign of appreciation??
@AnnaNimmity your dinner rota sounds brilliant! How did you institute it??? Mine are still small but I want to make sure I do the groundwork!

OhioOhioOhio Sat 18-Apr-20 09:49:16

Yes Dusty, me too. I want to do the ground work too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »