Talk

Advanced search

How long would you keep mince or lasagne

(8 Posts)
moobar Wed 15-Apr-20 12:05:58

So I made mince yesterday to make a lasagna today. But I've just realised it would be better tomorrow as have other stuff needing used first.

Mince was fresh, frozen then defrosted and cooked yesterday.

Would you eat Thursday Friday ?

OP’s posts: |
ElsieDear Wed 15-Apr-20 12:09:57

Yes, I would and I think that would be fine.

Pinkblueberry Wed 15-Apr-20 12:11:25

I would have it tomorrow, probably not Friday though. May I ask why you fry it a day before using it?

NoSquirrels Wed 15-Apr-20 12:14:13

So you've made bolognese? Or just fried the mince? Either way will be fine tomorrow.

ConfusedMoi Wed 15-Apr-20 12:16:09

Yes I would if it was stored correctly in the fridge and there are no issues with the fridge.

DH made spaghetti bolognese on Friday and then we turned the leftover mince into chilli for dinner yesterday.

Lucked Wed 15-Apr-20 12:16:31

Yeah I would be fine with that. I tend to make my ragu the night before because I like to cook it low and slow for hours.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Wed 15-Apr-20 12:17:37

No problem with this at all, either tomorrow or Friday. It's cooked now, presumably you got it into the fridge reasonably quickly after cooking, and it will probably taste all the better for being made in advance. Saves a lot of time making a lasagne if the ragu is already made.

If in doubt, put it in the freezer for another time.

moobar Wed 15-Apr-20 12:31:42

Thanks all.

Yes I made Bol yesterday.

@Pinkblueberry I always make the mince the day before for a lasagne, I find it both builds and tastes much better.

Yeah so it was put in fridge covered once cooled. Then I found stuff that would be better used today.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »