Talk

Advanced search

Roast chicken ideas??

(7 Posts)
flippyfloppy Mon 13-Apr-20 09:49:27

I've got a chicken I would like to roast today. We made a dinner yesterday, so fancy something different today, I'm thinking of having it with flatbreads/salad etc.... any ideas how to cook it or with what spices to get a tandoori type flavour?? Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
myrtleWilson Mon 13-Apr-20 09:52:39

Not tandoori but this is nice

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/paprika-roast-chicken-with-caraway-potatoes-quick-pickled-cucumber-and-soured-cream-wb7z3bmrw0v

myrtleWilson Mon 13-Apr-20 09:54:02

As is this www.cookstr.com/recipes/whole-roast-masala-chicken

flippyfloppy Mon 13-Apr-20 09:54:41

Thank you! That looks exactly the type of thing x

Elouera Mon 13-Apr-20 09:58:00

Spatchcock it (look on youtube if unsure how). Flattened, it will cook quicker and be easier to marinade. Do you have yoghurt and the spices or paste for tandoori? Otherwise a peri peri flavouring or Moroccan style.
www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/tandoori-chicken/
www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/moroccangrilledchick_7323

flippyfloppy Mon 13-Apr-20 10:14:31

Thank you @Elouera yes I think I've most of those in my cupboard! I'll see what I can cobble up but all of them look great just what I was after.

Frangipanini Tue 14-Apr-20 16:00:55

Not a recipe but wanted to share something I have been doing. I've been buying larger whole chickens e.g. last nights was 3.2kg from the butcher and am now getting 2 meals out of them. Also, I have started to do something else when I am roasting. When chicken is in the oven, I get a big pot and chuck in an onion, garlic, a leek if going any herbs knocking around e.g. parsley, bay leaves, oregano, black pepper corns and a clove. Once the chicken is carved up I put the carcass (minus skin) in the pot. Cover with 2 litres of water and bring to boil, then simmer for up to 2-3 hours. OMG I have the nicest broth or stock to use up after this. I have just frozen some and last time I made it into a chicken soup with left overs and chucked in some noodles at the end. I will never thrown a chicken carcass away again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »