Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Talk cheese with me - what's so bad about processed cheese?

(5 Posts)
puddle Tue 11-Sep-07 18:12:31

DS wants cheese slices in his sandwiches. Not a slice of cheddar but one of those floppy bits of pappy cheese (his friend has this).

Is it so much worse than normal cheese? if so why? I feel I should know the answer to this at 40.....

MrsBadger Tue 11-Sep-07 18:14:55

read the packet
then you will know
the tesco ones are 'cheesey slices' or some such as they have so much added crap they can't be sold as 'cheese'

you can buy proper cheddar etc in thin slices - looks like processed, tastes like cheese, has no crap it

puddle Tue 11-Sep-07 18:20:45

Ah, so lots and lots of additives? Ok. I will have a look for the proper sliced stuff Mrs B ta.

Theresa Tue 11-Sep-07 21:35:01

Good question! Mine like 'proper' cheese but also want cheese strings as their friends have them and i posted the question a while ago and got lots of answers. Cant do links to other threads but if you go onto 'search', and type 'cheese strings' in the title bit you'll get lots of answers!

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 11-Sep-07 21:41:01

This thread just reminded me I have some Wensleydale cheese in the fridge and some tuc biscuits in the tin.
mmmmmmmmmmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now