Talk

Advanced search

Can I freeze cauliflower cheese?

(8 Posts)
Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 29-Mar-20 16:28:17

I could only get a massive cauliflower when I shopped!
Have made cauliflower cheese for tea but have a spare.
Can I freeze it?

OP’s posts: |
GU24Mum Sun 29-Mar-20 16:29:18

Yes - DD made some a few weeks ago and it was great when we got it out of the freezer.

msmith501 Sun 29-Mar-20 16:53:04

Yes you can. When I do it (and it's probably too late for you), if I know I'm going to freeze it then I only par cook it to prevent the cauliflower going a little bit mushy in the freezer as the ice crystals form. Then it's only a matter of letting it defrost and then finishing off the cooking. Cauliflower is one of the few veg I do his with - most freeze fine even when fully cooked.

woodencoffeetable Sun 29-Mar-20 16:54:37

yes, it's one of the great things where I usually make a second portion to freeze.

AdaColeman Sun 29-Mar-20 16:55:35

Yes, you can freeze it, but also consider making it into soup. Then it being a bit overcooked or mushy won't be a problem.

Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 29-Mar-20 17:07:12

Great! Thanks.
Soup is a good idea too 👍🏻

OP’s posts: |
AdaColeman Sun 29-Mar-20 17:23:50

If you go down the soup route, you can make it into a filling meal by adding a cheese on toast floating crouton to it.

Haveitheright Sun 29-Mar-20 17:31:51

It freezes really well. I’m the only one who eats it in our house so I make a big dish full then freeze several individual portions for me to have another time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »