Talk

Advanced search

What to do with falafels other than in pitta bread or a wrap.

(13 Posts)
Jedimastermama Mon 16-Mar-20 02:35:52

Looking for ideas please, something for dinner tomorrow night. Usually we pop them in pitta or wraps. In the past I’ve also thrown them into the oven along with cous cous and roasted veggies.
Just wondering what else I can do for a change, something tasty and spicy maybe.

Many thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
FortunesFave Mon 16-Mar-20 03:16:43

I put them on top of a "nourish bowl' of mixed salad and beans or lentils. Some nice lemon or lime to squeeze on top....olive oil, salt and pepper. Lovely. You can add some smoky paprika or other spices.

EssentialHummus Mon 16-Mar-20 03:55:42

Serve with a big bowl of hummus and veg / pickles.

Ricekrispie22 Mon 16-Mar-20 05:33:42

With Moroccan pilaf www.cauldronfoods.co.uk/recipes/vegan-moroccan-falafel-pilaf

FredaFrogspawn Mon 16-Mar-20 05:41:11

Buddha bowl ingredient
www.veganfoodandliving.com/vegan-recipes/20-vibrant-vegan-buddha-bowls-to-brighten-up-your-day/

PaulinePetrovaPosey Mon 16-Mar-20 11:28:41

Shakshuka style, poached in tomato sauce. Amazing.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/recipes/how-to-make-falafel-shakshuka-vegan-vegetarian-recipe-a8754991.html%3famp

lastqueenofscotland Mon 16-Mar-20 13:31:32

Nice in a salad
Also fun for burgers with roasted peppers and hallumi

OneHanded Tue 17-Mar-20 02:19:31

I use them in shaksuka to replace the eggs. Even better if you halve avocado and use the pit hole to pop in the falafel 🤤

OneHanded Tue 17-Mar-20 02:21:50

I also use one or two to blend into homemade harissa baked carrot soup to thicken and add a little something or crumble on top to add texture.

AdaColeman Tue 17-Mar-20 02:58:22

Make a puttanesca style tomato sauce, serve the falafel with this together with rice.

Jedimastermama Thu 19-Mar-20 00:10:16

Thank you all for the suggestions.
I did the Moroccan pilaf- very tasty! Thanks Ricekrispie22. Looking forward to trying out all suggestions smile

OP’s posts: |
Bluesheep8 Mon 23-Mar-20 08:12:59

adacoleman beat me to it, that's exactly what I was going to suggest.

Nuttyaboutnutella Mon 23-Mar-20 09:30:21

I like it with tabboulah or cous cous, salad, hummus and baba ganoush.
Going to try some other ideas on this thread. I love falafel!
Falafel burgers with halloumi and chargrilled peppers are ace as well smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »