Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can a 12 month old eat food with red wine in?

(9 Posts)
iwouldgoouttonight Fri 07-Sep-07 20:58:38

DP has just made us a lovely lasagne with quite a bit of red wine in the sauce. There is some left over and wondered if DS could have it tomorrow - I know the alcohol disappears when cooking so is it ok for a one year old to have it or does red wine have too many nasties in?

I have been regularly giving DD3 (16m) bolognese with red wine in for the last few months. As you say the alcohol evapourates, and I only ever put a small splash in a huge wok. If you look at it that wayt she probably only gets a spoonful or less of the wine in her portion.

Besides I think red wine has goodies in it too? Anti-oxidants and stuff(?)

tissy Fri 07-Sep-07 21:41:37

yes

aslong as you haven't over done the salt

whomovedmychocolate Fri 07-Sep-07 21:44:53

DD has been having 'daddy milk' in her bolognaise sauce from when she first started eating blush. But well cooked out obviously.

Mind you, she's 10 months and eats chicken tikka! hmm

PanicPants Fri 07-Sep-07 21:46:35

What about when you use a whole bottle when cooking in the slow cooker?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 07-Sep-07 21:47:59

I will also confess that DDs current fave is Steak Diane and there is alcohol in that too.

Why would you want to waste a whole bottle in food when you lose teh alcohol as a consequence [gein]?

Philomytha Fri 07-Sep-07 21:51:04

Sounds fine to me. My ds has eaten food made with wine and other spirits in since I started weaning him (obv with the ethanol burned off).

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 07-Sep-07 21:55:07

Ugh I can't stand food with red wine in.
I once red a case where a man was done for drunk driving after eating foods with wine in and the evidence showed that the alcohol doesn't evaporate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now