Talk

Advanced search

Good carrot and corriander soup

(6 Posts)
Mung Thu 06-Sep-07 14:27:42

I am after a good carrot and corriander soup recipe. I have found all the ones I have tried have been watery. Any suggestions?

Carmenere Thu 06-Sep-07 14:30:54

Use better stock?
this soup is really easy to make tbh. Just use lots of carrots, onions, garlic and maybe some leek and celery and sautee them together in some oil with some coriander seeds. Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Blend and serve, scatter some chopped leaf coriander over the top.

Mung Thu 06-Sep-07 14:46:44

Do you find coriander seed better than the fresh stuff for the taste?
I always make my own stock, but have never put leek and celery in, so I'll try that.

Thanks for the tips.

Carmenere Thu 06-Sep-07 14:48:35

Yes i do think that you need seed coriander to get the real flavour, otherwise it is just carrot soup with a bit of coriander leaf floating around in it iyswim.

witchandchips Thu 06-Sep-07 14:52:19

buy good carrots, some of the monsters you get in supermarkets just taste of water

sweat carrots v. slowly in melted butter until soft. Cooking them in butter really brings out their sweetnes. Add toasted and crushed coriander seeds and cook further for a few minutes. Add a little bit of stock and some fresh coriander and liquidise, add more stock to get the right texture. Bring up to tempreture just before serving and then adjust seasoning. Garnish with fresh coriander

Mung Thu 06-Sep-07 14:59:47

Et voila...tea for tonight. Thanks for the help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now