Talk

Advanced search

Roast cauli, peanut sauce and watercress salad?

(9 Posts)
Jux Fri 28-Feb-20 15:44:48

I want to do this recipe (without the battery stuff); I've made it before, everyone loved it (except for the batter!).

I also would like to make a watercress/radish salad but don't know if that will go with the cauliflower.

What do you think?

buckeejit Fri 28-Feb-20 21:02:54

Sounds good but what else is in the recipe

BloomedAgain Fri 28-Feb-20 21:09:30

I do this www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/jul/17/fried-cauliflower-tahini-recipe-ottolenghi
also as a whole roast cauliflower with the tahini dressing.
I guess it would have a similar nutty taste to yours. That salad sounds nice. Some crusty bread or roast potatoes/rice/couscous would be a nice addition too.

Jux Sat 29-Feb-20 00:23:50

Thank you! I meant to link to the recipe blush and now I can't find it!!

Anyway, I was going to do rice with it but in the end dh brought some s!iced chicken as well, so while we should have had a carb, we didn't. The cauli \peanut sauce is pretty fil!ing.

The salad was nice with some sliced radishes added.

BloomedAgain Sat 29-Feb-20 14:25:32

Sounds good!

Jux Sun 01-Mar-20 11:41:20

Found the recipe!
choosingchia.com/thai-peanut-cauliflower-wings/

Jux Sun 01-Mar-20 11:47:10

The peanut sauce is really good!

There was nowhere in town which had any actual ginger left - boxes completely cleaned out! in all the main supermarkets, and the deli was shut - and the one I had in the fridge had suffered from a leak from something else, so I used Lazy Ginger (in a jar in rice vinegar or something) and it was OK but I should have used tons of the stuff to make up for it not being fresh. If I get stuck like that again I'll use ginger powder.

BloomedAgain Sun 01-Mar-20 14:21:58

Looks great. I'll try it this week.

Jux Fri 06-Mar-20 12:26:01

Did you try it, BloomedAgain? How did you find it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »