Talk

Advanced search

I want to make a slow cooked lamb recipe with a Mediterranean feel.

(8 Posts)
SlowSigh Wed 19-Feb-20 16:18:02

Can anyone share a good recipe please. I'm thinking lamb neck fillet, but reading conflicting ideas of how to cook. Some recipes cook fast, others slow.

handbagsatdawn33 Wed 19-Feb-20 18:16:23

I always cook it slowly - it's not a prime cut.
I actually had something like this in Sardinia :-https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sardinian_lamb_with_85780
then found this on the WWW.
The BBC food website has a lot of neck fillet recipes.

Blondie1984 Wed 19-Feb-20 18:18:04

Neck fillet is one of those cuts you either cook low and slow or high and fast - like squid.
You could do stifado but that uses shoulder I believe ....

The2Ateam Wed 19-Feb-20 18:29:56

In the Med, Lamb is mainly cooked one way - very slowly and with potatoes (preferably Cyprus potatoes) in a clay oven with lots of salt, pepper and bay leaves. Low temp for at least four hours.

Shoulder or neck fillets (on the bone) are my fave.

Served with a salad of tomatoes, rocket, Cucumber and red onions. Dressed in olive oil, salt and lemon juice.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 19-Feb-20 18:46:42

My favourite slow-cooker lamb dishes are:
Ragu www.myfussyeater.com/slow-cooked-lamb-ragu/
And this Greek style www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/slow-cooked-greek-lamb

WitsEnding Wed 19-Feb-20 18:50:45

I love the Greek lamb with orzo on the bbc good food website - one of my staple meals for guests. sorry can't link from here, but it comes up top on their search results.

SinkGirl Wed 19-Feb-20 18:54:12

I went to a cooking class with Angela Hartnett and we made an amazing stew with lamb neck fillet. Seared in a cast iron casserole then cooked on low with tomato purée, shallots, garlic, tomato purée, Passata, white wine, stock, orange peel, herbs... it was absolutely delicious.

SinkGirl Wed 19-Feb-20 18:54:55

Oh, and served with polenta with around a tonne of Parmesan in it. Blooming lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »