Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My name is Northerner, I can't do salads, I need stodge.....................

(31 Posts)
DrNortherner Tue 04-Sep-07 13:00:57

Just had a tuna salad for lunch with 1 pitta bread, normally have sandwich or a big fat ham and cheese panini followed by bag of crisps and chunky kit kat.

Salad has not touched the sides......how do folk do this?

Now I have one of those shite tess daly 'this yoghurt will keep you full for 98 hours' yoghurts to look forward to.

kittylouise Tue 04-Sep-07 13:13:07

Feel the same whenever on a health kick. Sald and yoghurt would just tease my stomach into thinking more food would be coming it's way.

Willpower would only last so long, then resort to midnight dash to have 4 slices of bread & butter/packet of monster munch/huge pointless lump of cheese.

Have savoury cravings at the best of times, usually for potatoes in any shape or form (preferable mashed with loads of butter).

Sorry - not very helpful am I (I am a greedy gannet and just tyoing this has made me hungry. Tomato soup for lunch wasn't good enough!)

LucyJones Tue 04-Sep-07 13:15:36

I know someone doing weightwatchers who has 4 slices weightwatchers bread with packet sliced ham (not sure how many slices) for lunch and she has lost loads of weight (whilst doing the rest of the meal plans etc) so you could try that?
Or a jacket potato with tuna and a massive salad would be ok maybe?

Piggy Tue 04-Sep-07 13:17:53

Lots and lots of fizzy water. It fools your stomach into thinking it's full. Apparently. hmm

tracyk Tue 04-Sep-07 13:17:55

My friends have lost weight by eating carbs during the day (although not excessively) and then no carbs after 6pm.
I had grilled chicken, chips, coleslaw and salad for luch the other day and I was full till 8pm! Then I had some soup. Maybe that equates to the right amount of calories a day - just heavily loaded at lunch?

Blu Tue 04-Sep-07 13:20:01

What about very high fibre stodge?

Such as ...<<racks brains>>

Piggy Tue 04-Sep-07 13:20:47

A cushion. That is high fibre stodge and has no calories.

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 13:20:50

...the sort of thing you get in Leon?

[tummy rumbles...]

Dinosaur Tue 04-Sep-07 13:21:01

Piggy - snort!

LaCod Tue 04-Sep-07 13:23:41

soup adn crackers

MrsMarvel Tue 04-Sep-07 13:26:29

Aren't chips Carbs TracyK?

nailpolish Tue 04-Sep-07 13:27:12

instead of a sandwich i have
(dont laugh)
lettuce leaves (i like the baby gem ones) wrapped round a bit of tomato, bit of brie and bit of ham
have about 4 and it feels like a sandwich

like mini-wraps

or soup (heck, have 2 bowls)

SSSandy2 Tue 04-Sep-07 13:27:41

Think you need a big juicy steak with that salad

Piggy Tue 04-Sep-07 13:27:41

If I had chicken chips coleslaw and salad for lunch I wouldn't be able to move until 8pm!

nailpolish Tue 04-Sep-07 13:28:05

big bowl fo bran flakes and a chopped up banana
past and pesto sauce (coriander pesto is the dugs baws)

RubySlippers Tue 04-Sep-07 13:28:09

you need lentils!
make a big pan of lentil soup - have with crackers
or pasta salad
also, wholemeal pitta is filling - have with loads of veggies and houmous

Brangelina Tue 04-Sep-07 13:28:30

How about making a pasta or rice salad, perhaps with brown pasta or rice? Or even a bulghur wheat salad? It will bulk things out and if brown will help you feel fuller for longer.

nailpolish Tue 04-Sep-07 13:28:59

noodles and soy sauce

nailpolish Tue 04-Sep-07 13:29:17

roasted veg and noodels

ComeOVeneer Tue 04-Sep-07 13:30:23

Porridge with chopped banana or beries, or a smoothie made with a handful of rolled oats , salad made with mixed beans or chunky homemade soup will fill you up at breakfast and lunch.

DrNortherner Tue 04-Sep-07 13:32:49

I'm off for a stroll now and I just know I'll be lured into the newsagents to buty crisps and a kit kat (have you tried the peanut butter ones?!)

If I have soup I have to have loads or bread with butter. Don't like lentils and I have never heard of bulgher wheat....

nailpolish Tue 04-Sep-07 13:34:43

you dont HAVE to have loads of bread and butter with soup
you just want to

tracyk Tue 04-Sep-07 14:18:20

I had a lovely wholewheat wrap with brie, avacado, grated carrots and pine nuts, with a bowl of homemade tomato soup in an organic cafe the other day. Could only manage HALF a carrot cake - I was so full!

filthymindedvixen Tue 04-Sep-07 19:41:40

er, Northerner, you are eating leaves and grass etc because... why?
You weigh about 6 stone on a fat day, surely?
If you're on a health kick, you can still eat rice and pasta etc which fills you up. Just wholemeal/brown.
Try porridge for brekkie with fruit. Fills you up proper! Or come and dabble in 10/10 thread for some encouragement and advice from all the lovely lentil-weavers.

[Disclaimer: not all posters on 10/10 thread are lentil-weavers. Most shave their legs. many enjoy the benefits of nice shoes and handbags. All are gorgeous]

FrannyandZooey Tue 04-Sep-07 19:48:19

FMF who shaves their legs? WHO?

oh, erm, sorry. Carry on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now