Talk

Advanced search

Best (cheap) peanut butter

(6 Posts)
meg70 Fri 14-Feb-20 17:23:42

My daughter is a PB fiend and seems to get through about a jar a week. I know that's it's not the healthiest thing but she's veggie so I figured it's good for the protein boost. I've been buying the Aldi ones lately (have just noticed that their more expensive one - still only 1.25 - is just peanuts; no added palm oil, sugar or salt). Any other suggestions, Mumsnetters?

MikeUniformMike Fri 14-Feb-20 17:27:55

Poundstretchers (Bargain Corner) sell a 49p one with no palm oil. They also do a nut butter one - walnuts and things.
B&M do a peanut butter for about £1.29.

Spam88 Sat 15-Feb-20 13:22:21

I'd stick to 100% ones, most supermarkets do their own brand.

Serin Sun 16-Feb-20 09:07:39

The Aldi one is great , we have tried them all! They have a Marmite PB in stock as well at present if that is your thing envy

MsJuniper Sun 16-Feb-20 09:28:24

We buy the large jars of Sun Pat when they are on special offer - works out as 50p per 100g so similar to the ALDI one. No palm oil and the kids love it.

Stumpedasatree Tue 18-Feb-20 23:17:16

Consider making your own if you have a decent processor? I make my own almond butter and would never buy it anymore, it's so much better! Buy bags of peanuts, roast in oven for 15 mins if you want, add a bit of salt or other flavorings and chuck in the processor. It takes a while to turn into butter but so worth it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »