Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

roasted veg. quick question.

(10 Posts)
pipsqueeke Mon 03-Sep-07 17:03:28

i've done too much can I put it in the fridge and let DS have it tomorrow/weds as a snack?

i've got

carrotts, red/yellow pepers, corgette (sp) sweet pot, squash, toms, celery (don't ask why am experimenting). and for DS and I there's a bit much.

any thoughts? - or can I put them in a wrap for tomorrows lunch? if so what should I add - would ham be ok/chese? - help bit out of my league! lol.

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 03-Sep-07 17:13:56

yes, it will be nice as a snack. One advantage of roasted veg is that it keeps better than boiled!
I would go for cheese rather than ham, not sure why.

Hulababy Mon 03-Sep-07 17:16:29

Yes, will be fine for tomorrow.

If I have leftovers I will often stir them into some passatta (or even just tinned tomatoea) for a pasta sauce. That way I can freeze them too.

lilolilmanchester Mon 03-Sep-07 18:48:40

Agree with Hulababy, they'll keep but probably better in a sauce.

AnnabelCaramel Mon 03-Sep-07 18:50:04

Mix with couscous

pipsqueeke Mon 03-Sep-07 19:07:12

thanks girls, not sure at the mo what to do wiht them - DS turned his nose up at them! lol odd child as all bar the celery were very nice.

lilolilmanchester Mon 03-Sep-07 19:10:45

stick them on a pizza and cover with cheese??

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 03-Sep-07 19:53:57

ooh yes, or warm and stir into pasta (with or without extra toms)

snowleopard Mon 03-Sep-07 19:57:52

Blend them and mix with mashed potato?

pipsqueeke Mon 03-Sep-07 20:22:03

snowlep - that sounds intresting - like a bubble and squueke type patti thing? - hmm that's tomorrows tea then - don't want to waste anything. can mash it all in together, and put in a little olive oil to brown off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now