Talk

Advanced search

3d Food Printing? Can you believe it?

(4 Posts)
Mitchie23 Tue 11-Feb-20 06:31:56

Hello,

My brain cells could not even grasp how this works, but its already in the market, can you believe it? 3d food printing? and its real food? gourmet food? eatable? This is the article thewiredshopper.com/replace-your-kitchen-the-3d-printer-way/. The thing is all ingredients should be pureed, you inject it to the tool, then just put in the recipe and it should do the trick. I find this possible with chocolates but not real food, but then they say, this can be available within the decade. Just sharing.

Thank you.
Mitch

OP’s posts: |
Walkacrossthesand Tue 11-Feb-20 07:02:37

Thanks for the link, OP - it looks like it's mostly about using existing 3D printing technology to make novelty 'shaped food' eg a chocolate dessert in the shape of an ocean liner, or whatever. They're working on a system which can 'cook' in the way we know it, but why recreate chicken purée in the shape of a chicken leg, when you could just cook a chicken leg?

Maybe it will have an application in making plant based foods look like meat? Or producing meals in places with electricity but no kitchen? Certainly cuts down on the washing up! smile

FruityWidow Thu 13-Feb-20 22:29:10

It's not that far fetched, I mean Wallace and Gromit were building breakfast machines back in the 90s 😂

GeraltOfRiviaIsMyCat Fri 14-Feb-20 15:25:44

Trying to make Star Trek replicators possible I think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »