Talk

Advanced search

To feel robbed now that dh has called in dd's and offered them the last two pieces of luscious looking grilled chicken that I patently had my eye on....

(7 Posts)
jaynehater Sun 02-Sep-07 18:22:04

There they were, still warm, buttery and herby, just waiting to be enveloped in a fluffy roll with some lemon and mayo while I pretended to wash up....and he calls them in from playing to say "This is too nice to let it go completely cold - would you like to eat it while you're playing? You could do with some more meat on your bones, both of you"

And the little beasts did, a piece each, they've just eaten for Britain, where did they find the room?

I hate enforced selflessness. I had room for them.....feel very hard done by now. Grrr.

motherinferior Sun 02-Sep-07 18:23:07

I feel your pain. Deeply. Can you run up a quick and delicious pudding and eat the lot in front of them?

jaynehater Sun 02-Sep-07 18:24:48

Motherinferior, you are my kind of woman grin

I'm almost peeved enough to do that. But probably too lazy.

motherinferior Sun 02-Sep-07 18:25:59

If you're anywhere near SE London I have a bar of chocolate you can have grin

MingMingtheWonderPet Sun 02-Sep-07 18:26:36

Would take too long to make, but I have just had a lovely roast dinner and now an really craving apple crumble and custard. All we have in the cupboard is a chocolate mini roll and some tinned custard - not qutie the same really!

MingMingtheWonderPet Sun 02-Sep-07 18:27:50

MI - You ahve a SPARE bar of chocolate. I could have 100 bars of chocolate and I would not count even one of them as SPARE smile

P.S. - I am near SE LOndon though if its going begging!

jaynehater Sun 02-Sep-07 18:28:48

Even your chocolate is denied me. I'm in the wilds of Scotland, chickenless.

I think I'm going to mope over the plate, mopping up what I can with Mother's Pride......sulkilygrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now