Talk

Advanced search

Which was the birthday cake book that had a princess cake made out of a doll with a cake dress????

(13 Posts)
MilaMae Sat 01-Sep-07 23:01:35

I know I've seen one somewhere, was it the book with a ladybird cake on the front?????

Also can anybody recommend a really good kids birthday cake book, one that will see me through the next few years???

Thanks.

newlifenewname Sat 01-Sep-07 23:03:13

martha stewart and it doesn't work

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Sat 01-Sep-07 23:06:00

It's in '30-Minute Kids' Cakes' by Sara Lewis published by Hamlyn.

This book is very keen on shop-bought cakes that you then cut to size, I prefer to make my own sponges, but the icing/decorating is good.

eidsvold Sat 01-Sep-07 23:25:31

here is the best one in the world grin

I kid you not - easy made cakes - like a doll cake and a ladybird cake and many others - have made a few from it and have orders from my dds for next birthdays already.

here

eidsvold Sat 01-Sep-07 23:26:15

they are easy make cakes - giving you recipes or how to utilise cake mixes etc.

very easy to use book too.

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Sat 01-Sep-07 23:27:59

Ooh, that toadstool is neat!

Here's the one I mentioned.

eidsvold Sat 01-Sep-07 23:31:19

and so easy to do - am either doing that one or the ladybird for dd2's 3rd birthday - she can't make up her mind.

Flibbertyjibbet Sat 01-Sep-07 23:37:21

Yes i have the Australian Womens weekly book, its fab.
I have two boys so I might just have to show off my baking skills by offering to make home made cake for niece's birthday in October. I'm thinking of the dollies on trampolene.

eidsvold Sun 02-Sep-07 08:23:50

Flibberty - the pool one looks fab too.

I have made the flower bouquet one and this year for dd1 I made the five that had the meringue grubs and pink icing.

Dd2 wants - either fairy toadstool, ladybird or today she said she would not mind the echidna one. I think echidna might be off the list - ice cream cake in Nov!!

skirmish Sun 02-Sep-07 08:28:46

the original one has better cakes in it though - if you can get your hands on one - just payed £25 for 2nd hand one off ebay!

Slouchy Sun 02-Sep-07 08:36:50

I bought the Oz womans weekly one for about £7 from my local WHSmith. So far we have done the toadstool - which was FAB and the lollipop. I may attempt the castle cake for dd1's b day in oct.

Pennies Sun 02-Sep-07 09:47:40

I know it's cheating but at the moment Waitrose are selling just this cake if you feel like getting that instead. You could always pass it off as your own wink.

MilaMae Mon 03-Sep-07 21:18:08

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now