Talk

Advanced search

Diced Lamb ideas

(12 Posts)
Motherofmonsters Mon 27-Jan-20 21:32:50

Hello,

I'm looking at ordering a local meat box but it contains both stewing lamb and diced Lamb.

What could I do with the diced Lamb that isn't stew?

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
TheFallenMadonna Mon 27-Jan-20 21:36:26

Moroccan lamb pie - my favourite lamb recipe

RogueV Mon 27-Jan-20 21:38:00

Lamb curry

Mandarinfish Mon 27-Jan-20 21:39:11

Lamb tagine with couscous.

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 27-Jan-20 21:40:04

Hot Pot.

Flummingbird Mon 27-Jan-20 21:44:15

Marinated in whatever spices you like, stir fried and put in a pita with salad etc on the side. Or skewered and oven cooked. Bit like a kebab. Yum!

Ricekrispie22 Tue 28-Jan-20 04:45:46

Jamie’s Mediterranean lamb with couscous www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/mediterranean-braised-lamb-and-couscous/

Ricekrispie22 Tue 28-Jan-20 06:43:33

Lamb pilaf realfood.tesco.com/recipes/very-easy-lamb-pilaf.html
Lamb pilau rice www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk/recipes/lamb-pilau-rice/
biryani realfood.tesco.com/recipes/lamb-biriyani.html

ChicChicChicChiclana Tue 28-Jan-20 06:48:48

I make a lovely lamb rogan josh using a Patak's spice mix base (not the jarred sauce), onions, green peppers and tomatoes.

Lamb also goes especially well with chickpeas, potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, aubergine, green beans or any combination of those in a curry.

BlueCowWonders Thu 30-Jan-20 04:57:42

I'd stew it and then make it into a pie. Just different enough without being too much of a faff!

caranx Thu 30-Jan-20 05:24:48

Lamb rendang curry

sashh Thu 30-Jan-20 05:32:48

Well everyone has already said my first thoughts so how about a kebab?
Soak a kebab sticks in water. Marinade the lamb in whatever you want (olive oil, garlic and hers would be my choice or a sort of tika yoghurt coating) put onto the kebab stick with slices of peppers, baby corn and onions.

Grill or oven bake them, I put them across a pyrex dish so the skewers are on the edge and the dish catches anything that drips.

Serve with salad and bread of choice, IU like flour tortillas and a bit of raita.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »