Talk

Advanced search

Help with a terrine tin

(5 Posts)
Dilbertian Sun 26-Jan-20 22:05:51

I bought a terrine tin at a car boot sale today. I had difficulty dismantling it, and now I can't put it back together again.

I would have expected the base to have three lips, so the constructed sides could slide on and off the base. But it has four lips, which makes it very difficult to remove and impossible to replace.

Is it meant to have four lips? I'm tempted to get the pliers out and try to straighten one of the ends, but's it's a good robust tin, and I don't want to ruin it if I making some ridiculously obvious mistake!

OP’s posts: |
newtb Mon 27-Jan-20 18:17:24

I've got one of these. The bit in your hand is the base and the rectangle just slides in to it, with or without the pegs that hold the 2 L-shaped bits together.

I've always used it for cake, I'd have thought terrine would leak out of the bottom

Dilbertian Mon 27-Jan-20 19:23:51

It doesn't slide on, because there are four lips. The fourth lip ends up inside the end of the tin.

4merlyknownasSHD Tue 28-Jan-20 14:49:33

We have one in the office, and I know how it works! Assemble the two 'L' shaped pieces, then click the base on. Start with one side of the base, then work round to an end, then the next side then the other end. It is a tight-ish fit, but it is designed to be so.

Dilbertian Tue 28-Jan-20 18:17:30

It works! It works!

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »