Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What can this rampant carnivore cook for a new lentil weaving mummy?

(7 Posts)
TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Thu 30-Aug-07 21:41:00

My chum gave birth to a little girl yesterday, who I get to meet her tomorrow - yay!

My friend is vegetarian (& I'm not - in fact she thinks I have an "unsophisticated palette" because I like eating meat hmm anyway, I digress....). Am taking soup & homemade bread for us to have for lunch, & DD wants to make cookies too.

Thought it would also be nice to take some sort of stew or pie / tart or meal of some sort that she could stick in the freezer & eat when she her DH can't be arsed to cook. Thing is, I'm rubbish at veggy food (probably because of my unsophisticated palette lol). Any ideas?

Also, can anyone think of any invaluables for a new mum to take as a gift?

Ta

UCM Thu 30-Aug-07 21:47:13

I made this once. Pastry lined shallow tray/dish, chopped broccoli mushroom, cauliflower, corgette, mix eggs & grated cheese together with some oregano, basil and black pepper, tip the liquid over the flan and put some sliced tomatoes on the top. Gas 4 for about 30/40 mins, keep checking that pastry isn't burnt.

Ta Da!

Or make a quorn shepherds pie, they are yum too.

startouchedtrinity Thu 30-Aug-07 21:51:23

I love red lentils and basically any recipe with mince can be made with them instead - lasagne, bolognese, shepherds pie, moussaka etc etc.

And it may be old-fashioned but I love a good cauliflower cheese.

BBBee Thu 30-Aug-07 21:53:58

I mkae this vegetarian lasagne quite a lot (but simplified) it is lovely and you can make it easier than she does - cut out all the roasting.

You are very nice to do this for your friends - unrefined palatte or not!

KerryMum Thu 30-Aug-07 21:55:13

I'll have to dig up my vegetarian chilli recipe. It's scrumptious.

I have no idea where it is though! sad

pinkspottywellies Thu 30-Aug-07 21:55:32

I've posted a lovely lentil moussaka recipe on here a couple of months ago - look it up on recipes.

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Thu 30-Aug-07 22:34:32

Mmm, thanks everyone, lots of yummy ideas. You never know, I may even be forgiven for my filthy flesh-eating ways... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now