Talk

Advanced search

Veggie sausages

(21 Posts)
brassbrass Sun 19-Jan-20 21:01:31

The supermarket ones usually Lincolnshire or Cumberland. What has happened to them? Haven't been able to get them for months. Anyone know why?!

Tried Linda McCartney, Quorn, cauldron foods, birds eye alternatives but none of them are hitting the spot.

OP’s posts: |
thenightsky Sun 19-Jan-20 21:02:53

Which ones do you normally buy that have disappeared? I thought there was only LM, Quorn and cauldron.

ThatDreamSheep Sun 19-Jan-20 21:05:39

Sainsburys shroomdogs are really nice, and theres a few flavours.

brassbrass Sun 19-Jan-20 21:36:13

Supermarket own brand ones. I much preferred them to the others. The shroomdogs have a funny film on them that no one in my family likes.

Sainsbury's Tesco and Asda all used to do them.

Mustbetimeforachange Sun 19-Jan-20 21:38:29

I had some Tesco frozen ones last week, they were really good. Haven't been able to get Linda McCartney ones for ages.

LauraMipsum Sun 19-Jan-20 21:40:25

Have you tried the new Richmond meat free ones? I love them.

chocolatespiders Sun 19-Jan-20 21:43:53

Sainsburys frozen Cumberland veggie sausages were the best and we had them every Saturday in french stick.. they discontinued them!!!! I actually emailed sainburys to let them know how how sad this had made me as they were so good and reasonable.
Have bought L M cumberland from waitrose which were okay.

Ledkr Sun 19-Jan-20 21:44:14

Aldi do some lush ones and the meatballs too. In fact I've been joining dh and DD in veggie meals. They seem to be made from butternut squash and chick peas and red peppers. Sainsbury's do a nice chorizo style one too which is nice in pasta.

notacooldad Sun 19-Jan-20 21:46:54

Haven't been able to get Linda McCartney ones for ages.
I bought 3 packets today.

chocolatespiders Sun 19-Jan-20 21:49:05

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3768866-What-happened-to-Sainsbury-s-frozen-veggie-Cumberland-sausages

Was just googling the sainsburys ones and came across this thread. I wondered if they didnt sell but they must have to warrant a thread on Mumsnet!

brassbrass Mon 20-Jan-20 04:32:57

chocolate yes!! Those frozen ones were the best. I can't believe they discontinued them 😭

chocolatespiders Mon 20-Jan-20 07:00:28

I know brassbrass I really miss them.. I can only hope other people feel the same and have emailed sainsburys and they may one day return!! My brother had them at his September wedding in the evening for veggies in lovely baps and luckily there was 10 bags left over which I managed to bag. We had the last bag two weeks ago smile

I dont like the original LM ones but the LM cumberland were okay and I got them in waitrose.

chocolatespiders Mon 20-Jan-20 07:58:29

My mistake it was L M Lincolnshire sausages I had from Waitrose.

brassbrass Mon 20-Jan-20 08:46:09

I'm going to contact Sainsbury's. Hopefully every comment counts!

brassbrass Mon 20-Jan-20 09:10:32

Well I spoke to someone at Sainsbury's and they said they were on hold. He didn't use the phrase discontinued so I don't know if that means they could come back.

He put in a product request for me and I also went back to the website and filled one in online myself.

If anyone else wants to do it the product code for the Cumberland sausages is 7720775. Might help show demand is there!

lastqueenofscotland Mon 20-Jan-20 10:19:49

Shroomdogs are the absolute tits

Ginisatonic Mon 20-Jan-20 10:27:33

I agree. These were my favourites. I’ve tried all the rest and nothing comes close.
I quite like the cauldron ones but I have to be in the mood for them. Hated Richmond. Have never liked the Quorn ones very much. And agree with the poster who said shroomdogs have a horrible film on them.

MoltoAgitato Mon 20-Jan-20 10:32:01

The Tesco frozen Lincolnshire ones were fab. I really hated the Sainsbury’s shroomdogs, they were vile! Resorted to Cauldron but they are quite expensive.

chocolatespiders Mon 20-Jan-20 19:04:04

I am glad you have asked about them too.
This was the reply I got in October 2019

chocolatespiders Mon 20-Jan-20 19:08:57

www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/282120806

Interesting the top reviews on these are people begging for them to be returned to shops!

brassbrass Tue 21-Jan-20 20:12:54

I wonder if the same supplier made them for all the supermarkets!

Maybe we can start a 38degrees type online campaign 🤣

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »